Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2020, 19:52   #11701
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Congrats on the pass !! Happy Rovering
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2020, 19:56   #11702
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

So the Headlight cleaning kit I ordered in March finally arrived the other day....

I decided to try and sort out the front lights.

Before:

and after:

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....

Last edited by alphaeagle; 13th July 2020 at 20:42..
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2020, 20:46   #11703
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Today was just throwing the ZT onto axle stands and abandoned it at my folks house so i could drop the wheels into the powder coaters for the refurb to start. Away for a few days break before getting home Saturday and hopefully someone will have collected them for me so i can pop them back on then
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2020, 21:18   #11704
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
So the Headlight cleaning kit I ordered in March finally arrived the other day....

I decided to try and sort out the front lights.

Before:

and after:

Very nice...
Which kit did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 15:25   #11705
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool £70 later and................

............................... the needle was back over on the other side of the fuel gauge for the Bear.

Only filled Banana up once since February.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 20:12   #11706
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Took it out for a drive and halfway out I decided to pop up to Dave Johnson's garage for a chat and book it in for the MOT in September. Well, as I was using the country route, and as Durham always dress the roads in summer, I stopped at some temp lights. I could smell a burning, acrid smell and noticed smoke behind my car. Uh oh Through the road works & pulled over, smoke billowing from the front n/side wheel Let it cool down and thought it prudent to head home. Driving carefully, trying not to brake (not easy) managed to make it. When I got out & checked the front wheel, stone cold It had somehow managed to unstick itself
Any road up, I'd bought a new caliper last year when it happened front & back, fitted the back one but left the front as I couldn't budge the caliper from the pipe. So decided to have a proper go. Tried everything I had to loosen it bit it wouldn't budge. Cue swearing, copious sweating (something I try and avoid) eventually it moved. So off it came and went flying across the drive It was 20 years old after all. The rubber around the piston had split, so it wasn't returning. On with the new, fully lubed, & hopefully that's it. Oh, new pads fitted too

Last edited by suzublu; 17th July 2020 at 09:00..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 13:52   #11707
Parsnip
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Mirror/window switch.

Took the plunge today to try to fix mirror switch which did not function. Followed tips on here carefully removing from door handle with AA card, disconnected wiring plugs and retired indoors with the whole assembly. Banana fingers trembling, prised bottom half off revealing the circuit board. Having 4 grandchildren resident a pencil rubber was easily found, quick rub over contacts, huff and puff dust away, fingers crossed, reassembled, back to the car, reconnected wiring plugs and snapped unit back into position and guess what?
They all work, up, down, in and out. I now officially proclaim myself a master mechanic.
Next job. Off to garage on Wed. to have handbrake shoes replaced after being virtually unused for 15 weeks. Reversed down the drive to the sound of grinding and a metallic clunk. Seems the shoes had seized to the drum and reversing has stripped a pad from the shoe! So much for the lockdown!
Parsnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 14:16   #11708
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post
Took the plunge today to try to fix mirror switch which did not function. Followed tips on here carefully removing from door handle with AA card, disconnected wiring plugs and retired indoors with the whole assembly. Banana fingers trembling, prised bottom half off revealing the circuit board. Having 4 grandchildren resident a pencil rubber was easily found, quick rub over contacts, huff and puff dust away, fingers crossed, reassembled, back to the car, reconnected wiring plugs and snapped unit back into position and guess what?
They all work, up, down, in and out. I now officially proclaim myself a master mechanic.
Next job. Off to garage on Wed. to have handbrake shoes replaced after being virtually unused for 15 weeks. Reversed down the drive to the sound of grinding and a metallic clunk. Seems the shoes had seized to the drum and reversing has stripped a pad from the shoe! So much for the lockdown!
Hope you make it to the garage, a friend's rear wheel locked up solid when the pins on the brake shoes pulled through. Best if you can to strip the shoes from the hub before driving any distance.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 14:28   #11709
Parsnip
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Hope you make it to the garage, a friend's rear wheel locked up solid when the pins on the brake shoes pulled through. Best if you can to strip the shoes from the hub before driving any distance.

Regards
Thanks for the advice. Fortunately the garage is literally 2 minutes away and all downhill so maybe I will freewheel
Parsnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 14:52   #11710
Mark Murphy
Regular poster

Rover 75, and Mg zt 1.8T

Started to replace rear pads/disks on the zt, it has turned into quite a fiasco, nearside caliper piston stuck, due to rust, and noticed a broken rear spring..
Mark Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote