Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th April 2022, 10:31   #13581
Shonkie
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default CDT running bad.

Today I am worried about the possible future of my 75 CDT SE.
After replacing the enginge mounts last year she was running lovely but now on startup she is chugging and the revs bounce.
I have to turn the glow plugs on three times so that no blue smoke piles out the back.
I have been told to get a leak back test or a replacement MAF sensor, or a crank sensor, or injectors which cost a fortune.

I really don't want to loose this car but I am on a low income. The car was a bargain at £250 back in 2019 and I don't have the funds to replace the car so I have no choice but to try and fix it.

So Ebay it is to find things and hope for the best.
Shonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2022, 12:08   #13582
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I replaced a leaking coolant pipe and filled up with fresh coolant. I decided to buy a vacuum filler kit, this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it thinking that the hand pump was also for creating the vacuum, but I still needed to use an air compressor. I only have a little 5L one so I had to do it in bursts, closing the valve in between charges but still got it done. I would recommend this kit if anyone wants one, the quality is decent - just bear in mind that you do need a compressor!
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2022, 12:19   #13583
Kwippy1878
Loves to post

MG ZT

Default Finally got to pol

Well yesterday I finally took myself and my ZT 190 to pol.
What fantastic turn out and great to see so many enthusiasts and cars.
Plus I finally lost my pol virginity 😂🤦🏼😂.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41C555A6-D730-469A-8025-2AC69F52FA9F.jpg (20.6 KB, 28 views)

Mods fitted :
Rear electric blind, Set of 11's, Mk2 BCU remote bootlid, Android 10 carplay headunit

off assembly line ; Friday 12th July 2002 @ 09:24
Registered on 1st November 2002
5,420th to run off production line, out of 18,894
2,029th ZT 190+ to be made out of 4,023
14th in Xpower grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143
Kwippy1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2022, 13:44   #13584
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Had Halfords Tyres on the Drive back out to the 75.

Had 4 new Goodyears fitted last week, as those on the car were all cheap and at 6/7 years old were starting to crack.

A convenient service but on the drive down to Longbridge yesterday they were obviously not quite balanced right, felt a wobble both in the wheel and in the seat. Phoned them on arrival and they said someone can be with you between 8-10 the next day, fair enough.

Lad here this morning said front left was a bit off, and a weight had come off a rear, although there might have been some Lanoguard overspray on that wheel which could hinder the sticking..?

Anyway hopefully all's well now, I've checked all the weights and they seem solidly on with any oily overspray cleaned off where the weights are stuck.

Is it just me who has always found wheel balancing annoying? Something you can't do yourself that seems to be hard to get right first time for the pros!
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2022, 15:34   #13585
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Put my 75 on SORN where it will stay until August/September while my little Honda Express has become the daily driver.

Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2022, 12:33   #13586
PRC ROEWE
Regular poster

Roewe 750e

Today I repaired a broken front passenger headrest, it used to flop fore and aft. After dismantling it I discovered there were 6 pieces of broken plastic bits which I plastic welded back in place and reassembled the whole unit and adjusted the tension clamp. After that exercise I looked at the driver headrest and found it was very stiff, rather than force it I removed it and backed off the tension clamp i until it was free. NOTE if you want to avoid dealing with all these broken bits I strongly suggest you carefully check the fore and after movement of your headrests.........if they don't move freely DON'T FORCE them, remove them and open the bottom upholstery which will expose a Torx head, back it off until the headrest moves freely, then adjust the tension until you find the movement that is neither very stiff or too loose.
PRC ROEWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2022, 16:06   #13587
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Fitted a replacement door mirror to the passenger door.
While the card was off I swapped the europarts woofer and tweeter for Harman Kardon ones.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2022, 10:54   #13588
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

A bit of yesterday, today and the rest of the week - getting my list in while I remember!
Bumper off, intercooler top hose replaced - got a bit soft and squidgy.
Headlights off, flatted back, polished and now just been lacquered with a special coating from E-tech. Looking good apart from one fly decided to dip in!
Lower grille removed and resprayed.
Next up, sticky rear calliper to be replaced along with the hose, front discs and pads too.
Still more to do, but it’ll have to wait!
Old 26th April 2022, 15:17   #13589
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Got all the sticky foam off.. repaired one broken corner with PVa and a bit of cotton cloth.

Doesn't look too bad even if it is a bit lighter than standard.

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2022, 19:19   #13590
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Sunday was the first local British Car Show of the season. I hadn't intended on going as I have just recovered from the flu, I haven't finished painting my summer wheels yet (Partly due to being sick, and rain was forecast.
I was feeling good on Sunday morning and the sun was shining so I gave the ZT-T a quick clean and the family piled in and we went to the show, the first after cancelling the last 2 years due to Covid. The turn out was low but it was good to see a flock of cars out again. No-one here has ever seen a ZT-T before so I was kept busy explaining the car and how it got to Canada. So busy I didn't even get a chance to take a pic of the ZT parked between a TC and a TD. I even got a serious offer to buy the car from the owner of the TC!
The day went well, the ZT ran great and even my lovely wife enjoyed the day out with the car.