Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th October 2017, 07:19   #1
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Default Replacement for my poorly 75

Will my 75 https://youtu.be/mizFvOKYwQk now either for sale or keepsake (bits). I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a S-Type jag a 2005 (6-speed manual) diesal.

On inspection and test drive my walk away feelings were it's a 10% car compared to a R75. I mean its about 10% bigger, 10% quieter, 10% faster than my 160bhp (Phil T4) and 10% heavier on juice. The last 10% is a guess but hopefully not too far away.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/c...x=0&link=false

Why not replace the 75 with a 75, well lack of time meant I had to get a replacement quick and I need a diesal with cruise, 700 miles a week! I browsed many internet car sales sites with a limited budged and a set criteria and only the car I am buying got me wanting. So I will be joining a Jag forum as there are many think which are much easier for the many than the few but I doubt whatever forum that its is unlikely to be supported as well as this site. Oh I am not leaving still have the MG and who know there could still be another 75/ZT out there for me yet!!

If anyone knows sound info on my new choice please make yourself known.
Regards Steve

Last edited by Mr bountyfull; 28th October 2017 at 07:24..
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 08:35   #2
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr bountyfull View Post
Will my 75 https://youtu.be/mizFvOKYwQk now either for sale or keepsake (bits). I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a S-Type jag a 2005 (6-speed manual) diesal.

On inspection and test drive my walk away feelings were it's a 10% car compared to a R75. I mean its about 10% bigger, 10% quieter, 10% faster than my 160bhp (Phil T4) and 10% heavier on juice. The last 10% is a guess but hopefully not too far away.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/c...x=0&link=false

Why not replace the 75 with a 75, well lack of time meant I had to get a replacement quick and I need a diesal with cruise, 700 miles a week! I browsed many internet car sales sites with a limited budged and a set criteria and only the car I am buying got me wanting. So I will be joining a Jag forum as there are many think which are much easier for the many than the few but I doubt whatever forum that its is unlikely to be supported as well as this site. Oh I am not leaving still have the MG and who know there could still be another 75/ZT out there for me yet!!

If anyone knows sound info on my new choice please make yourself known.
Regards Steve
I have just replaced my 75 with a Jaguar,lovely cars,but peeps on here will ridicule saying its a Mondeo in disguise,but they forget that probably 99% of cars are derived from other makers,inc MG/75 but no one cares to mention that.

That S Type looks very nice and will put the smile back on your face

I have the X type sovereign, every toy you can think of and the interior would not look out of place in a Rolls Royce

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 28th October 2017 at 08:39..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:04   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

looks in nice condition

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:13   #4
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Looks a cracking big car, nice choice !
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:21   #5
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Looks great in black..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:28   #6
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Looks great in black..
Its dark blue but black would have done to.
Old 28th October 2017, 09:28   #7
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

I had the s-type 2.7 diesel auto after selling my ZT.
I owned it for 3 years and apart from a pin hole in one of the hoses it was 100% reliable in the time I had it. No rusty sills either. I had it remapped to 258 bhp and it returned 48 mpg on the motorway.
Servicing at a jag indy was £120 a go which is a fraction of what stratstone jaguar quoted
I liked it that much I went for the supercharged S-type R which is another league.
There is some very knowledgeable guys on the jaguar forum but it is a lot quieter than this forum.
Enjoy your new motor and try not to listen to the members too much who will come along shortly on here and try and pull it to bits. They're a nice car if you like the quirky styling.
Old 28th October 2017, 09:31   #8
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I had the s-type 2.7 diesel auto after selling my ZT.
I owned it for 3 years and apart from a pin hole in one of the hoses it was 100% reliable in the time I had it. No rusty sills either. I had it remapped to 258 bhp and it returned 48 mpg on the motorway.
Servicing at a jag indy was £120 a go which is a fraction of what stratstone jaguar quoted
I liked it that much I went for the supercharged S-type R which is another league.
There is some very knowledgeable guys on the jaguar forum but it is a lot quieter than this forum.
Enjoy your new motor and try not to listen to the members too much who will come along shortly on here and try and pull it to bits. They're a nice car if you like the quirky styling.
Where did you get it mapped?
Old 28th October 2017, 09:36   #9
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Big fish tuning in Stokesley, Teesside. £140 if I remember correctly.
Old 28th October 2017, 15:28   #10
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I had a 2.7D S Type a few years ago and it is a great car. Mine is now owned by a friend of mine who also loves it. It is a superb engine and your 10% certainly does not apply to the performance difference! Even against a 160 it will leave it for dead. The mpg is good on longer journeys, mine would do 42 or there abouts but dropped to half that around town.

Looking at the mileage, has yours had the cam-belt done? If not it will need it shortly (105K). Mine was auto and so smooth that gear changes were never felt. I was told the manual can be a bit clunky but have never actually driven one. Find yourself a good independant to do your servicing work etc as Jaguar prices can be eye watering.

Best of luck and enjoy!
boater is offline   Reply With Quote