Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2021, 16:24   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Rear wing waist trim removal

I've never attempted it, so what is the recommened method for removing these (delicate) parts without damage. In particular I'm interested in the rear wing componenent. I've found the two rearward fixings (black domed nut and large foam faced steel washer) but the three more forward fasteners are not only almost invisible/inaccesible but an unconventional clip-in fixing - am I correct?.
I think the correct procedure is to remove the the two rear nuts/washers and then (with the rear door open) slide the trim off towards the front of the car.
At a guess I'd presume the trim at all the other positions is removed by releasing the clips from the inside ie stripping the door liners or removing the front wings
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2021, 17:33   #2
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
I've never attempted it, so what is the recommened method for removing these (delicate) parts without damage. In particular I'm interested in the rear wing componenent. I've found the two rearward fixings (black domed nut and large foam faced steel washer) but the three more forward fasteners are not only almost invisible/inaccesible but an unconventional clip-in fixing - am I correct?.
I think the correct procedure is to remove the the two rear nuts/washers and then (with the rear door open) slide the trim off towards the front of the car.
At a guess I'd presume the trim at all the other positions is removed by releasing the clips from the inside ie stripping the door liners or removing the front wings
There are three plastic fixings (still available) and another item (sticky gasket?) which is not. Apparently the rear fixing is about four times times the length of the plastic fixings and is made of sterner stuff, This is supposed to come with the waist trim (so I'm told) but I'm guessing any re-made trim will come "clean".

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote