Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st June 2021, 10:03   #1
Dobbsey123

Rover 75 connoisseur see cdti

Smile Kenwood krc 394 stopped working powered up but no sound

Hi guys as you can see by the title my Kenwood krc 394 radio cassette as stopped working on my mg ZT cdti 2004. The unit is powered up but there is no audio. output Hope someone can help I think the head unit electronics as given up any help would be much appreciated.
Dobbsey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 11:55   #2
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbsey123 View Post
Hi guys as you can see by the title my Kenwood krc 394 radio cassette as stopped working on my mg ZT cdti 2004. The unit is powered up but there is no audio. output Hope someone can help I think the head unit electronics as given up any help would be much appreciated.
Welcome Dobbsey. Well, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix your radio issue, BUT I recently discovered it was way easier these days (and REALLY inexpensive) to replace and upgrade with a new head unit. I put a new Kenwood KMM-BT328U in my truck - light yaers ahead of anything that is very many years old. I haven't used cassettes or CDs for years even though they are in my car and truck. I put 800 of my favourite songs on a mini-USB drive and just leave it plugged into the front of the new Kenwood. You can't even see it if you're not looking for it.

https://carmotospecs.com/carmedia/co...od_KMM-BT328U/

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 14:38   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Welcome Dobbsey. Well, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix your radio issue, BUT I recently discovered it was way easier these days (and REALLY inexpensive) to replace and upgrade with a new head unit. I put a new Kenwood KMM-BT328U in my truck - light yaers ahead of anything that is very many years old. I haven't used cassettes or CDs for years even though they are in my car and truck. I put 800 of my favourite songs on a mini-USB drive and just leave it plugged into the front of the new Kenwood. You can't even see it if you're not looking for it.

https://carmotospecs.com/carmedia/co...od_KMM-BT328U/

Cheers,

Glenn
To add to this, it would be a plug and play upgrade/update (other kenwood models would do also - and maintain the steering controls if they state ir compatible).

Another even cheaper alternative would to source a replacement 394 via ebay or a breaker.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote