Old 26th July 2021, 20:21   #21
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Guess my family must be unique.
Both my parents received fantastic treatment from NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Both sadly passed away in hospital but did so with the dignity and respect one would expect.
My daughter had a number of serious complications after the birth of our granddaughter likewise the medical staff at Hull Royal Infirmary was outstanding.

I know it's not always perfect, indeed sometimes it goes wrong but the experience we have had has been second to none.
Don't get me wromg Simon, I'm not knocking the NHS (They saved my life so I have the utmost respect for them)

It's like any other profession, mistakes happen, wrong decisions happen, and good stuff happens too.
Old 26th July 2021, 21:40   #22
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Don't get me wromg Simon, I'm not knocking the NHS (They saved my life so I have the utmost respect for them)

It's like any other profession, mistakes happen, wrong decisions happen, and good stuff happens too.
Very true.
My wife is a charge nurse at the Hospice. Regularly she is asked how long someone has left before the inevitable. She now usually responds by saying what she thinks but adding that it is only her opinion and that she may be wrong.
She has seen patients who appear to be at the end of their lives recover and get discharged from the hospice, similarly she has seen patients who appear to be in no immediate likelihood of dieing going into a sudden decline and passing away in a few short hours.
I know that I could not do her job or any other healthcare professional for that matter.

We are all human at the end of the day
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2021, 08:47   #23
75 car girl
Avid contributor

75 tourer

My brother in law has downs. When covid 19 started my sister in law was ask to sign a DNR for him. If he was taken into hospital at any time. We all said not a chance. On the other hand when my son was 18 months we had him to the doctors as he was ill we were told he had tonsillitis. We ask could it be meningitis we were told not to worry it not that. That was at 5pm by midnight he was in a induced coma having being diagnosed with meningitis at 10pm . He made a full recovery 🙏

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
75 car girl is offline   Reply With Quote