Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th July 2021, 08:07   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default My old car has come up for sale if anybody is interested

I just noticed that my old car has come up for sale at Hobbs and Parker classic car auction this Wednesday
Model MG ZT CDTI 160 remap done by PhilT4
Spec diesel auto
I owned this car for a number of years, before that it was a previous members car Jason Bigga

I also looked after this car for a number of years after I owned it, it has been on T4 within the last year and was running perfectly. It had four new injectors, it has a proper MGZT wooden steering wheel,xenon headlights with power wash Electric windows, cruise control, a rear blind and the rare black Alacantara electric seats, auto wipers, auto dip mirror, abs,
custom blue lights fitted into the window switches and heater controls, I can honestly say it drove better than nine out of every 10 ZT diesels I had driven, as you can probably guess I did most of the work on it hence it probably only has the service book with it. But it had lots of money spent on it by myself and its last owner.
I thought I would post on here a link for it if anybody is interested, I would buy it back myself but unfortunately have too many cars at the moment, The MOT history on it is brilliant. I can say that this car honestly never needed for anything, lots of mods have been done like the in-line thermostat, plenum drains and undersealed and a solid intake pipe instead of the usual sagging intercooler pipe, intercooler Viton O rings, rear windows tinted for privacy, boomerang spoiler, recent service back in January
Should anybody have any questions about this vehicle feel free to let me know, really hoping it gets a good home, I know the reason for selling it is because the person who currently owns it can’t drive anymore sadly. I’ve also attached photos of the underneath of it which I had in my archive files from earlier on in the year when I was working on it
I notice it has only just been MOT’d too so it’s got a full years MOT and it’s not had any advisories for the last three years

This photo was from the start of the year when I was replacing one of the brake pipes on it
Hobbs and Parker link
https://www.hobbsparker.co.uk/car-au...ctionId=452744
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by Mickyboy; 27th July 2021 at 08:41..
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2021, 08:54   #2
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Oh to have a warehouse/hangar and a few hundred thousand spare! Quite a few there I'd love to own!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2021, 12:13   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Oh to have a warehouse/hangar and a few hundred thousand spare! Quite a few there I'd love to own!
You can only drive one at once, which I have found out to my cost! Some inevitably get left and deteriorate, although worth re-commissioning as they are rising in price at last.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2021, 17:32   #4
Mickyboy

Just spotted his old firefrost red tourer in there as well, I think I worked on that car a little while back, if memory serves me correct it needed a new LSM, I don’t remember him ever using it lol
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 27th July 2021, 18:00   #5
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
You can only drive one at once, which I have found out to my cost! Some inevitably get left and deteriorate, although worth re-commissioning as they are rising in price at last.
If you need someone to take some out for a drive sometimes I'll happily pop around and help out!

Though you are right, as I find just having 1 car and 2 bikes. The car is used most days, the Enfield has done around 500 miles this year, and the Buell has probably only done around 200 miles this year, though that's mostly due to an undiagnosed iffy starting issue.

The Madison kit car looks lovely, my dads mate used to have one, it was in need of a refurb, a faded red but he only paid about £300 for it, all running and mot'd! I wanted to buy it but he sold it before I could afford it. Also a tasty looking Jag XK8, and a rather nice Ford based Merlin kit car, Morris Isis looks nice and I've not seen one before. But if I could only have one, it'd be the diesel engined Royal Enfield!
Old 27th July 2021, 18:34   #6
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

[QUOTE=bikerdude666;2893166]If you need someone to take some out for a drive sometimes I'll happily pop around and help out!

Though you are right, as I find just having 1 car and 2 bikes. The car is used most days, the Enfield has done around 500 miles this year, and the Buell has probably only done around 200 miles this year, though that's mostly due to an undiagnosed iffy starting issue.

(QUOTE)

I used to be very proactive in ensuring that most if not all got a run periodically, but the Lockdown rather wrecked that! Must have a cull - 20 is just too many.
Btw, you are welcome to come and help me clean them!!!
Old 28th July 2021, 17:42   #7
Mickyboy

I’ve attached the link for the late tourer below if anyone fancies it, good spec
Mick

https://www.hobbsparker.co.uk/car-au...lotId=10053367

[/SIZE]
Old 7th August 2021, 00:24   #8
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I used to be very proactive in ensuring that most if not all got a run periodically, but the Lockdown rather wrecked that! Must have a cull - 20 is just too many.
Btw, you are welcome to come and help me clean them!!![/QUOTE]

Slow reply as we've been away, I hate cleaning cars, but I can offer the services of my 3 children, provided you like scratches and swirls in the paintwork!
Old 7th August 2021, 06:54   #9
coolguy
Coolguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Btw, you are welcome to come and help me clean them!!!
Slow reply as we've been away, I hate cleaning cars, but I can offer the services of my 3 children, provided you like scratches and swirls in the paintwork![/QUOTE]

A kind offer, politely refused! Fortunately I enjoy cleaning and driving them, but I am no mechanic!