Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th February 2021, 14:54   #1
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Boot Raining In

I fixed my boot leak 18 months ago and it was bone dry until it recently started leaking again. I have sealed all the usual places: waistline trim, light clusters, boot lid rubber strip, plastic clips along bottom of rear window, metal overlap seams where wings meet boot frame, rubber grommet for wiring loom into boot lid, boot hinge bolts. It is getting in somewhere high up then running down. Has anyone had a leak from the clips around the rear window that hold the silver trip in place. They appear to be pop riveted into the body.
Synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 16:04   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

under the silver trim are black fixings that are held in place with a peg. Water can get in via these pegs. The need to be removed along I think with a rubber seal underneath. cleaned, dried and silicone back in place. Some of the pegs won't clear the rear screen and another member has carefully cut the edge of the head of the peg off so it can pass the screen.

be careful removing the chrome trim around the screen

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 16:44   #3
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi macafee2, I think the pegs you refer to are what I refer to as plastic clips along bottom of rear window. These used to leak but I sealed these 18 months ago. When it is raining I shine a torch on these from inside the boot and I can see that they are no longer leaking. These are along the bottom of the rear window. The clips that I now suspect are the ones that hold the same trim in place but are up the sides of the rear window and probably also along the top of the rear window.
Old 7th February 2021, 00:11   #4
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

You need to get some of this, Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure (leak/crack sealer). No it is a genuine thing and it really does work.
Used it myself yesterday on the sides of my 75 rear window as I was getting loads of water coming in.
Rained heavy last night and all that was in side this morning was 2 drops of water. All I need to do is just give it another once over and it should fully seal it.
No need to take anything apart and its meant to be poured so it runs and finds any holes by itself.

Anyway its on Amazon for next day delivery at £8.95
Old 25th February 2021, 12:37   #5
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Before I saw McRob's reply I sealed the back window with Soudal Fix all crystal sealer. I didn't go all round the window. I thought I would just do the bottom right corner of the rear window first and see what happened. I squirted it under the glass where the boot metal panel meets the rear wing. This cured the leak.