Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th January 2021, 09:20   #1
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Default Won't switch on

My knowledge on this subject is minimal so please forgive me if it transpires I've made basic errors.

I have a Pure Highway H260DBi fitted. Not flash but it does the job. However a few days ago it refused to switch on when I pushed the button. I've checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok. It appears to have power as, when I took off the detachable front and pushed the "reset" button, I could hear a whirring from the CD motor.

It has done this once before about a month ago, on which occasion it started to work again for no apparent reason after a couple of days.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? Or is it time to replace it? If the latter then will any single-DIN unit accept the current wiring or will I need to fiddle about?

Sorry if I appear not to have a clue but it's because I don't.

(By the way the unit isn't fitted to my Rover but is in one of my other vehicles, but I don't suppose that makes any difference re diagnosis).

PS. I've read a couple of articles that suggest that it may be something to do with the cold weather. Last time it happened I drove about 25 miles with the heater on and then left the car sitting in the sun all day and everything was working again when I got back into it to go home. Coincidence?

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.

Last edited by Lord of Hog; 25th January 2021 at 07:54..
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote