Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th February 2021, 17:56   #11
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmaestro View Post
Quick Update:

So on this warm weekend, I stripped back the rear o/s brake. After struggling with one seized bold on the mounting bracket - I took off the old caliper and attached the shiny new £32.00 one from ebay and bled it. It was a perfect fit!

I still don't know what the difference is between a caliper that costs £32 from ebay and one from ECP that costs £127!

The only advice I'd give is to double check the diameter of the caliper with the diameter of the new discs but I am really pleased with my purchases.

My only job now is to put on the new discs and pads on the other side!

Gave up waiting for the 2 x £30 callipers off ebay in mid February as the actual arrival time seemed to be bear no relation whatsoever in these Covid delaying times to the actual arrival time. As needs must, I ordered a refiubished set of Pagids off ebay for £194 (after discount and exchanging the old callipers). Three times as expensive as the eBay offerings but at least I got them and you can't drive without brake callipers, so what else could I do? Before you say it, I wasn't going to try fixing a siezed calliper and decided to replace them on both sides. Still cheaper than Halford's quoted for both sides although they would have done it without the hassle!
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote