Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st March 2021, 22:45   #61
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

This will cost my family £90 + per week, or we buy two new cars.

Wife’s route to work goes straight through the zone, or she goes round and moves the alleged pollution to another Bristol area.

I take our youngest, who has special educational needs and medical needs, to school in the area and the children’s hospital in the zone.
He has extra curricular activities at the weekend too so that’s another £18.

£108 per week.
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:54   #62
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
This will cost my family £90 + per week, or we buy two new cars.

Wife’s route to work goes straight through the zone, or she goes round and moves the alleged pollution to another Bristol area.

I take our youngest, who has special educational needs and medical needs, to school in the area and the children’s hospital in the zone.
He has extra curricular activities at the weekend too so that’s another £18.

£108 per week.
When you see figures like this it becomes scary and even more so when they are likely to raise the daily charge to top up the coffers after spending it on wasteful projects/friends. A girlfriend of mine live in Ebury House in Ebury Sq., alongside Victoria Coach Station. The council "approved" a residents permit zone in the mid 80's at £25 per annum. You have to be a millionaire, disabled or be a good forger to have the means to obtain one to-day. A nice little earner as Mr. Daly would say.

I wonder if the charge will go down when air quality improves due to EV traffic being in the high majority?

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 12th March 2021 at 10:15.. Reason: Incorrect decade
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 08:44   #63
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
When you see figures like this it becomes scary and even more so when they are likely to raise the daily charge to top up the coffers after spending it on wasteful projects/friends. A girlfriend of mine live in Ebury House in Ebury Sq., alongside Victoria Coach Station. The council "approved" a residents permit zone in the late 90's at £25 per annum. You have to be a millionaire, disabled or be a good forger to have the means to obtain one to-day. A nice little earner as Mr. Daly would say.

I wonder if the charge will go down when air quality improves due to EV traffic being in the high majority?

Kev
And they wonder why no-one can afford to live in town!!!

Father in Law lives in a RPZ.
He gets 100 tickets per year, but has to buy the rest.
Old 4th March 2021, 09:06   #64
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Having started to look into this further, the council’s own studies into the current traffic show that 71% of the vehicles entering the zone meet the standards and wouldn’t pay. So the improvement in air quality will come from 29% of vehicles. They want to improve NOx.
A euro 3, KV6 will have to pay, but a euro 6 diesel won’t.
Which emits the most NOx?
http://www.eea.europa.eu/publication...port-emissions
The EU says the Euro 6 diesel.
Old 4th March 2021, 11:01   #65
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

My Borough Council (Wellingborough) has just spent £5m on a refurbishment of its Multi Storey Carpark and increased its capacity by 200 spaces. In addition, parking is free throughout the Borough including this car park, so what happens - the Authority is being abolished on 31st March to be absorbed into a new Unitary Council which nobody voted for! Progress indeed, but you are all still welcome to visit Wellingborough. There is even a surface car park with 450 spaces which is hardly used on a Sunday - NanoMeet??
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 12:23   #66
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
My Borough Council (Wellingborough) has just spent £5m on a refurbishment of its Multi Storey Carpark and increased its capacity by 200 spaces. In addition, parking is free throughout the Borough including this car park, so what happens - the Authority is being abolished on 31st March to be absorbed into a new Unitary Council which nobody voted for! Progress indeed, but you are all still welcome to visit Wellingborough. There is even a surface car park with 450 spaces which is hardly used on a Sunday - NanoMeet??
I am also in Wellingborough and don't understand why they increased the spaces in the multi-storey as since the day it was opened the open air top floor has never been used and closed off.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 12:55   #67
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I asked my dad if this would affect him. Apparently part of the zone is in his current route to work. Rather than pay the charge he will just drive around it, driving further, so more pollution, and polluting a different area. Or in the summer he can ride his bikes to work through the emissions zone.

He’s nearly 63, so should be retiring in a few years anyway, he’s not going to go out and buy a new car to get to work.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 14:45   #68
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I asked my dad if this would affect him. Apparently part of the zone is in his current route to work. Rather than pay the charge he will just drive around it, driving further, so more pollution, and polluting a different area. Or in the summer he can ride his bikes to work through the emissions zone.

He’s nearly 63, so should be retiring in a few years anyway, he’s not going to go out and buy a new car to get to work.
Lots of people are planning to do that. I wonder what the increase in traffic across the suspension bridge will be.

We can’t avoid it.

£108 per week.
Old 4th March 2021, 14:58   #69
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
There’s been a lot of talk about this. Now it’s happening in Bristol:

‘Bristol is set to become the first city in Britain to ban diesel cars under the toughest measures yet seen to combat air pollution.

The city council wants to prohibit diesels from entering part of the centre from 7am to 3pm daily to cut dangerous levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2).

It will apply to all diesels, irrespective of age, including the cleanest Euro 6 models registered since 2015. Owners of petrol cars will be exempt, though research shows that older petrol vehicles release high levels of emissions.

Drivers who ignore the ban will be fined as part of the measures, due from March 2021. Motoring groups labelled the plans “unprecedented” and said that many low-income families would be hit.’ Sunday Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...cars-kbrlz6ttw

Anyone going to be affected by this? Fortunately mine’s a petrol.
Everything is labelled 'unprecedented' these days, it is a great way to justify any decision made by those who are in a position to make these decisions, and by those who are in no position to do anything about these decisions.

Are they going to ban buses, emergency vehicles, delivery vehicles etc.
I myself think that exhaust emissions are responsible for serious health problems and I can follow the logic behind the ban, however it may well have the effect of further putting the final nails into the coffin that most city centres have become, time will tell, after all we are living in unprecedented times, I am not sure what that really means?.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 15:09   #70
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
I am also in Wellingborough and don't understand why they increased the spaces in the multi-storey as since the day it was opened the open air top floor has never been used and closed off.
Well, with 3,750 new houses on Stanton Cross and 4,000 on Glenvale Park I suspect it was forward planning!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote