Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th January 2019, 19:59   #11
flyhellas

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank'you all for your comments.
I completely agree about sourcing replacement doors, however, I just want to give you all this little bit of context.
Two and a half years ago the very day after I'd proudly used my 75 as a wedding car for my cousin's wedding, a PL regd van slammed into the left side of me after he didn't check his mirrors whilst overtaking (driving a left-hand drive van of course).
So I was left with a front wing to replace along with both front doors.
Trying to source the exact colour code HFF was a pain.
I did end up getting 1 door & wing from Manchester, and then the rear door (which needed the actuator & everything put on it) from down in Devon.
** Don't mention the person's insurance paying for it as in this case, despite the individual admitting liability in front of 4 road users and I had dashcam evidence etc, the details were fraudulent and I ended up MASSIVELY out of pocket getting her back on the road**
So after last weeks much more minor bump I honestly couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sourcing doors for it, or then being told by the body shop it would be 1-2weeks. So I opted to give it a go myself. Not by any means a perfect job, but far better than 2 dents and lime green scratched along the side.
Such as life.
Jonathan
https://imgur.com/a/XXhIHnI

Last edited by flyhellas; 19th January 2019 at 20:05..
flyhellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 20:18   #12
flyhellas

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I reckon a pair of doors in HFF would have been a lot lot easier, and you would have been surprised at how easy they are to change.

The whole job would have taken less than a couple of hours start to finish, and probably cost less than the rattle cans and tins of bodge.

Where in Northumberland are you, I know Colin "2Diesels" has a HFF tourer, and knows where there is a saloon breaking

Just a thought, especially as you were evaporating the solvents in the paint with a hairdryer, the pearl effect of BRG will certainly have been lost

Brian
Having changed them both before Brian I wasn't up to doing it a second time. Thankfully I had 2 cans surplus of the same code which I ordered a few months back as the idea was to send the bumper into a body shop for a respray. Came in handy.
The hairdryer was more to do with the temperature being pretty cold at around 1-2c and it was getting late on in the day.
Just north of Alnwick mate. Appreciate that though
flyhellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 20:57   #13
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Well done for your efforts, would have been far easier to source a pair of doors in the same colour, then 10 mins to fit!

10 mins on some

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 22:16   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

dent repair, this I think is the type I saw on wheeler dealers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJKG4VNt3o

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote