Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th May 2023, 17:52   #21
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

When I got home late this afternoon Iconnected the laptop to the car and took a couple of screenshots, which I'll attempt to attach here. I'll also add my amended Tinley guide, which is simplified to show applicable notes only for my instal. Note that the pressure readings now appear normal - I must bhave made a mistake with them so I think we can ignore that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (6).jpg (21.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot (7).jpg (21.1 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Preparing for the Auto-calibration of an AEB-manufactured LPG System amended.pdf (115.9 KB, 2 views)
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2023, 11:07   #22
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

P.M sent stewart ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2023, 15:25   #23
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

I've loaded the map in that you sent me. Had some difficulty, my map has more cells, so I did it cell by cell, and the extra ones I copied from the adjacent cells. I then wenr for the same limited test drive again. In the 40 mph limit I kept in low gear, revs reached 4-5 k and held with no problem; I tried accelerating then though limited by traffic, when I got to 5k the engine light came on again. After turning round, I drove as normal, when I accelerated fairly hard, 3k was the break point for the light, I did this 3-4 times. Also, although the engine was running ok, it somehow didn't feel quite as smooth, hard to put a finger on it.
Later I had a 60 mile round trip. Again, 3k was the break point. Bit higher than the old 2.5k, so hardly happening. Easing off the pedal caused it to clear.
Old 27th May 2023, 16:13   #24
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

hello stewart. did you do a battery disconnect and then clear down any codes stored before your new lpg map was downloaded ? Have you now any new codes come up on the EML . I would like to bet misfire cylinder 6 is there ...
Old 27th May 2023, 17:36   #25
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Engine codes were clear before I started. During the short run, the light came on but I then eased off, light of course disappeared so no codes. On the longer journey, light came on and stayed within 2-3 miles of home (after acceleration at 3k); I stopped, cleared code (normal cyl 6). Although light briefly appeared later, no permanent codes stored.
I then checked with King for error codes on lpg side. None found.
Old 27th May 2023, 18:07   #26
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

normally after the code has appeared 3+ times or more the code then gets stored permanently . That code problem is causing the grief from cylinder 6 . There must be a reason. What code number is displayed ? What does it say misfire ? As the lpg has its own common rail and the other cylinders ok , it must be LPG injector 6 malfunction ... lpg injector 6 connector plug/ wire .... lpg injector 6 jet size different to the other 5 .... lpg injector 6 hose to nozzle problem or lpg injector 6 nozzle itself problem /condition/size .... An air induction leak on the alloy manifold part where the nozzle is drilled such as an open thread that should have a screw in or similar. Or nozzle partly unscrewed /loose.

Last edited by xsport; 27th May 2023 at 18:12..
Old 27th May 2023, 18:17   #27
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i have maintained from the start that you cannot move forward until this problem is addressed. Although your fuel trims were a little weak, the problem still lies with cylinder 6 not the fueling map.
Old 28th May 2023, 09:45   #28
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Did you do that battery reset ? It puts the fuel trims back to within scope for the petrol map, before you use lpg.
Old 18th June 2023, 16:52   #29
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

A very quick update for now, I'll do a better one later when I have more time. I think the fault has disappeared! It was there yesterday but behaving properly today, try as I may it would not fail!
It's been a long saga sice the last post, I'll condense it a bit and post later.
Old 19th June 2023, 19:36   #30
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Just to refresh where we got to before the gap in posting. I had loaded in all the readings that I was sent, by hand, in the hope they would help to fine tune the lpg calibration. Sadly, they don't seem to have helped - initially I thought they had, but the fault with the engine light was still happening with heavy acc pedal. Possibly slightly better, but the running of the engine didn't seem quite as smooth. So, rightly or wrongly, I decided to go back to my 'old' calibration settings. I had 2 ways to do this - either load in the old saved setting, or just do another calibration. Keeping it brief, I had trouble loading the old file, so I tried the re-cal, which failed mid-way through. I then noticed the laptop/King app was saying 'not connected to the ecu'. Turns out that my lead had failed. Also having odd minor faults on the laptop made things more difficult, in particular trying to see the screen in bright sunshine! So, a new lead was ordered and I had to wait for it to come. In the meantime I did try a new usb/serial lead (which the ecu lead connects to), and also an even older laptop; still no joy connecting. I've even since bought a new laptop (about time I guess) but I haven't yet tried that as there are still things to set up.
The new lead duly arrived, when I eventually tried it my laptop did connect ok, and I recalibrated the ecu. It runs smoothly as before, but still with the engine light fault.
At this point I stood back for a while. I've had other non-car projects to get on with; I was waiting for the new laptop (still not quite ready), and I needed a rest from it! During the hiatus of no calibration, I switched over to petrol use. I had a couple of weeks like that, importantly with NO faults, even though I tried (But...wait a minute...).
Now a quick explanation of the gas control switch. Normally, it is automatically set to operate on gas; at start up it fires up on petrol, then when ready switches to gas without me touching anything. But if I manually switch to petrol, it normally stays that way the next time I start the engine. During the petrol fortnight, that seemed to be the case.
However on the last 2 days, I twice towed a heavy trailer load to the tip (it was noticeably heavy). I had the engine light fault happen. On the next trip, it happened again, but I then noticed it had at some stage reverted to lpg use - I know not why. So these 2 failure could be the'normal' lpg fault, or a petrol fault (which is what I assumed at first, thus I was thinking about something failing under heavy use). I'm now putting those 2 faults to the back of my mind.
After this, the lead came & I recalibrated but the engine light fault still happened.
Then suddenly, a few days later, everything seems right. All without further touching, I'm waiting to get the new laptop on, and clear the other projects. I noticed on exiting a roundabout, revs rising, and still no engine light. So from that time I was heavy footed. And in the couple of days since, I've tried to get it to fail, but not succeeded. Is it finally cured, and why?