Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th June 2008, 12:53   #11
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

I've declared everything to Priviege Car Insurance. They dont seem to give a monkeys, they always say "I've made a note of that on the system, no change to the premium." Even on my LPG conversion they werent bothered, I rang them about a month later and asked what modifications they had listed because I wanted to make sure I was up to date and they listed them all. I've not mentioned the seats yet actually, I'll ring them later.

Privilege was also the cheapest insurer by far every year for me! Plus I have penalty points on my license... I think £20 extra a year was charged for that. I think I can have them removed this year (off my licence) but I still need to declare them for the next two years.
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 13:07   #12
tourerfogey
Banned

Quote: Privilege was also the cheapest insurer by far every year for me!

As I've said on these forums before, cheapest isn't necessarily best...
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 13:14   #13
The_Monk

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
Quote: Privilege was also the cheapest insurer by far every year for me!

As I've said on these forums before, cheapest isn't necessarily best...
Until I claim I won't really know on a first hand basis. What they offered me was the same as everyone else at a cheaper price. I hope I will never have to claim.
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 13:24   #14
GERFIX

MINI COOPER S

I had to make a claim on a Direct Line policy when some idiot ran along the side of my 200Vi when it was parked up one day and I can honestly say there was absolutely no hassle at all. IIRC the claim was all sorted and I had the car back within 1-2 weeks later. It didn't even cost me my excess as, two days befor ethe incident a neighbour had reversed into the same side and was going to pay for the repairs out of their own pocket. Needless to say they were happy to cover my excess - which I know they didn't have to!

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 10:22   #15
mkn_uk

Rover 75 Tourer '02 CDT SE Connoisseur

Morning all, on the subject of insurance i'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had the synergy 2 fitted and if it's made a difference to their insurance premiums. And if so which companies... Regards Mike
mkn_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 11:40   #16
Hampton Caught
Loves to post

ex MG ZT-T (sob!), Rover 25 and TR7 dhc pilot, but not all at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERFIX View Post
I had to make a claim on a Direct Line policy when some idiot ran along the side of my 200Vi when it was parked up one day and I can honestly say there was absolutely no hassle at all.
I'm glad D.L. worked for you - they didn't for me. My R25 was also swiped whilst parked and D.L. organised for the local MGR dealer's bodyshop in Uxbridge to carry out the repair. The bodyshop were less than useless and the car was in an awful state when they gave it back. Panels were all over the place, colour match was very poor, they'd rolled oranges over the wet paint (or so it looked)... I could go on . It took them five more visits to make things even worse and another bodyshop (in Colliers Wood) tried to repair the repairs. Twice. They were as bad as the first lot and I eventually got a local bodyshop I trusted to rectify everything, all of which was paid for by D.L., but only after a hard struggle.

This took over 18 months and umpteen visits to bodyshops, showing DL's engineers the shoddy workmanship etc. I'll never let the car go off to the insurer's 'preferred bodyshop' again! We had both cars and the house covered by D.L. and now I won't touch them!

Mike, my Synergy-powered ZT-T is with Adrian Flux. I did find I was restricted as to who would cover the modified car and I think I paid an extra £75 or so as a result. That said, I've no regrets! MOney well spent in my opinion!

Hope that helps, Steve
Hampton Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 11:54   #17
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkn_uk View Post
Morning all, on the subject of insurance i'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had the synergy 2 fitted and if it's made a difference to their insurance premiums. And if so which companies... Regards Mike
Not the synergy 2, but Norwich Union - through my broker, NOT NU Direct - didn't increase the premium for my Tu3B, they just wanted to make a note, so I had to write to them.
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 12:26   #18
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

No Problems with Cornhill by Phone but others have had.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 13:52   #19
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
We had both cars and the house covered by D.L. and now I won't touch them!
If we are talking insurance companies, my wife had an accident (not her fault), wrote off her pride and joy and spent 7 hours on a back board and after a year is still waiting for it to be sorted - The company, Zurich. Will never use them again, just hassel from the very start. Sorry, probably off topic.

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:54   #20
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Would the average person buying the car used even know if the wheels were non-standard? As long as they're Rover branded .

For example, my 2001 Club SE had 16" Union wheels as standard but runs on 17" Meteor alloys - both factory alloys, and correct for the year of the car.

I did declare mine to my insurer (Privelege) and they're reply was basically, thanks for sharing that with us - we've made a note, no change to your premium.