Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: worst motorway in britain
M25 26 37.14%
M6 15 21.43%
M1 6 8.57%
M42 2 2.86%
M69 0 0%
M54 1 1.43%
M11 1 1.43%
M4 1 1.43%
M3 3 4.29%
Other 15 21.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th June 2008, 18:39   #31
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
I am always driven from frustration to utter madness by the selfish actions of BAD drivers who hog the centre lane as though it’s some kind of private club.

The Highway Code regulation 264 states:You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past.

So what is it exactly about that simple and explicit sentence that some selfish drivers can't comprehend?

There can be nothing more senseless and stupid than seeing a solid line of traffic in the outside lane because some dumb noodle is sitting in the centre lane bumbling along without a care in the world, or a toss for other road users.

If I had my way, we would be issued with howitzers and a licence to blast these numbskulls out of existence, come to think of it, there’s an armed forces surplus store on the A38 near Alrewas that sells tanks and other ordinance.............hmmm................ don't get me started................
You only need a shotgun licence for a fully loaded working tank, when going to a Villa Match it's outside lane all the way and when coming home it's the inside lane supping the glory...Only done the inside lane a few times though.

Cheers
Tony
Old 12th June 2008, 19:44   #32
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa Villan View Post
You only need a shotgun licence for a fully loaded working tank, when going to a Villa Match it's outside lane all the way and when coming home it's the inside lane supping the glory...Only done the inside lane a few times though.

Cheers
Tony
By your reconing Tony, we BCFC fans, the (once) mighty Blues, the real ones, not those London imitation Blues, should be given exclusive access to the hard shoulder, given that our moments of glory are so few and far between. I'm still in shock from the 5-1 hammering we got at Villa park.

Sympathy needed please!

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 20:14   #33
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

The worse motorway is in Dorset!
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 20:22   #34
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

M3 between Basingstoke and Hook. I have yet to discover another piece of motorway that is subject to so many accidents each year. The stretch is about 5 miles and every week suffers some sort of lane closure. Very, very bizarre bit of road.

Apart from that, I'm no fan of the Manchester network and the mulitple lane swapping it forces on you, and as for the A64(M) - where on earth did that come from?! Caught me out good and proper a few years back!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 22:16   #35
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weepiest Wolf View Post
ok guys i think we should have a poll as to what the most hated motorway in our blessed country is?
All of them!! Having said that if most drivers actually drove on them in the correct manner like lane control then traffic would certainly flow a lot better.
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote