Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: worst motorway in britain
M25 26 37.14%
M6 15 21.43%
M1 6 8.57%
M42 2 2.86%
M69 0 0%
M54 1 1.43%
M11 1 1.43%
M4 1 1.43%
M3 3 4.29%
Other 15 21.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th June 2008, 20:26   #21
Tickertyboo
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Agreed. Although it always makes me smile when I see that farm, marooned in the middle of it!
M62 for me also, I hate it.

Les.
Tickertyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 21:40   #22
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

The Maximum for Polls is 10 Options the original Poster (OP) left a few spaces so I filled them with some of the "popular" motorways,
but unfortunately no room for them all.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 22:02   #23
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

For us when we head West it has to be the M27...I just hate driving that stretch of Mac and Slab...In fact I hate that motorway madness regarding middle lane and the so called slow and fast lanes.

I am a middle lane me keeping a good pace.

Cheers
Tony
Old 10th June 2008, 18:43   #24
RayC333
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

I think M4 J20/M5 J15.... especially the Almondsbury interchange. Got to be one of the most dangerous junctions in the UK

''Work to upgrade safety barriers and protect the parapets of the Almondsbury Interchange will need overnight closures of the main carriageways of the M4 and M5 at the Almondsbury Interchange near Bristol.
The £3 million scheme will improve safety at the junction and reduce the risk of major disruption caused by a vehicle striking the interchange. It follows on from similar work on the slip roads last year.''
RayC333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 14:54   #25
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Blast CLOCKS (Center Lane Owners Club) off the road

I am always driven from frustration to utter madness by the selfish actions of BAD drivers who hog the centre lane as though it’s some kind of private club.

The Highway Code regulation 264 states:You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past.

So what is it exactly about that simple and explicit sentence that some selfish drivers can't comprehend?

There can be nothing more senseless and stupid than seeing a solid line of traffic in the outside lane because some dumb noodle is sitting in the centre lane bumbling along without a care in the world, or a toss for other road users.

If I had my way, we would be issued with howitzers and a licence to blast these numbskulls out of existence, come to think of it, there’s an armed forces surplus store on the A38 near Alrewas that sells tanks and other ordinance.............hmmm................ don't get me started................
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:06   #26
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Petition for a Western Releif Motorway to bypass M5/M^ interchange

Please take a few seconds to have a look at, and hopefuly endorse my petition on the Downing Street web site http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/WestReliefRoad/
which is asking the governement to provide a Western Orbital Releif Road by passing the M5/M6 interchange at Ray Hall.

It would run from the present M42/M5 junction westwards around the west midlands conurbation rejoinging the M6 at the ijunction with the M6 Toll motorway.

I beleive this would reduce the bottleneck between junctions 10 and 8 and save the transport and haulage industry millions of pounds by the recovery of wasted time sitting on that stretch of motorway for hours every week.

There are numerous other benefits to the local communitiy such as reduced noise and pollution, and it would also make my regular travel along it less stressful.

Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 16:23   #27
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Done Young sir.
Right at top of list.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 11th June 2008 at 16:25..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 20:47   #28
Tickertyboo
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Done also.

Les.
Tickertyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:36   #29
Hampton Caught
Loves to post

ex MG ZT-T (sob!), Rover 25 and TR7 dhc pilot, but not all at the same time!

M25 for me - the worlds largest car park. Probably!

I'm with you, Yellow Peril, regarding the middle-lane hoggers. Over the past few years, this phenommenonononon has crept into lane three as well. So often lane one (that's the 'inside one' who don't look at their Highway Code or the 'Slow Lane' for the uninitiated) is empty with solid traffic in lanes two and three travelling along bumper to bumper waiting to exchange their details as soon as someone in the queue coughs! Makes me mad!

I often holiday in France and am always delighted by the lane discipline over there. Most autoroutes are two lanes only but seem to cope with more vehicles than our three+ lane motorways can. The M25 has been extended to four lanes in places, but the new lanes are next to the hard shoulder, rather than being built against the central reservation - where propele would use them.

Gets even more frustrating when you're towing a trailer/ caravan and someone's dawdling along in lane 2 (the middle one, usually). If you overtake in Lane 3 (as I did in Cheshire 9 years ago) with a trailer, you might end up having a lecture, £40 fine and 3 points on your license as I did. I really didn't know then, but do now .

I'd love to see a national campaign encouraging all drivers to drive on the left unless overtaking. That's the only way habits will change.

I'm off to lie down in a darkened room now.

Steve
Hampton Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 18:01   #30
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
If I had my way, we would be issued with howitzers and a licence to blast these numbskulls out of existence
Oh yeah! Agree 110%
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote