Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th December 2020, 09:31   #156501
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Decided to do the shopping online (what an hassle) so the missus gave me carte blanche to get as much cider as I want
The process has not gone smoothly with a recent new bank debit card, no mobile phone data on my phone as that's being changed next month so couldn't do the verification malarkey with my bank I gave up in the end & used my missus debit card & that verification was a nightmare with bleddy mobile apps, I've now got an headache & am going for a long soak in a hot bath, if it was later in the day I'd have taken a large glass of swilly in there with me too.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 09:36   #156502
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

It's snowing here . A decent covering so Quizzie's walk this afternoon will be brilliant as she loves snow.

I feel desperately sorry for our NHS staff. Nothing really to do with COVID.

As you might remember SWMBO cut her foot and probably severed the tendon to her big toe on Saturday (Boxing Day) evening. A&E were great.

She was told that she's get a call the next day (Sunday) with a likely admission on Monday for the repair including a time so that she'd know when to fast for the 8 hours before.

Sunday came, and went, with no call. Trauma admissions number just ringing out.

Monday came, and went, with no call. Somehow ended up talking A&E and was told that as it's a Bank Holiday there's no one in admissions. The medical teams are in but not the admin staff.

And have just spent around an hour and a half with the phone just ringing out and a very nice operator on the main switchboard regularly cutting in with "there's no reply on that number, would you like to carry on holding?"

It must be driving them nuts to be putting folk through and no one picking up. And maybe there's just one person in Trauma admissions who is running around like a who knows what trying to keep umpteen juggling balls in the air all at once.

I guess there's not enough folks on the front line actually doing stuff, with COVID just adding to the difficulties.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 11:09   #156503
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

It's stopped snowing here. Quizzie will be .

And we have success for SWMBO surgery

A quite brilliant member of staff on the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) has spent ages ringing round heaven knows how many different teams throughout the hospital and the result is that she's going in for 7:45am tomorrow morning.

There's a letter of compliments being drafted as I type this. As with most things it's finding the right person with the right skills/knowledge/understanding/contacts and most of all the right attitude.

A bit like all the guru's one here .

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 29th December 2020 at 11:13..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 11:26   #156504
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Good efty. Damp here but not desperately cold, haven't had any of the white stuff.

Me other half has put more lights up in the garden, like bleedin' Blackpool out there.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 12:08   #156505
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all,a cold day but dry,no snow although we had a shower of rain earlier.Good luck for the wife's surgery tomorrow Andy. Wish I could get a date for my cataract surgery,I can't see anything but shape and colours out of that eye now. I have had to get some pre shaded glasses as my eyes have become much more sensitive to light,particularly indoor light.
I'm OK indoors during normal daylight but have to wear the glasses on an evening.
Old 29th December 2020, 12:20   #156506
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Decided to do the shopping online (what an hassle) so the missus gave me carte blanche to get as much cider as I want
The process has not gone smoothly with a recent new bank debit card, no mobile phone data on my phone as that's being changed next month so couldn't do the verification malarkey with my bank I gave up in the end & used my missus debit card & that verification was a nightmare with bleddy mobile apps, I've now got an headache & am going for a long soak in a hot bath, if it was later in the day I'd have taken a large glass of swilly in there with me too.
I feel for you Ian tried online in the first lockdown it proved a total waste of time simply because one third of what I ordered was out of stock and had either been deleted from the order or replaced with something totally unsuitable, apparently the picking computer tells staff what to put in as a replacement... ie we ordered 4 tomato, 4 oxtail, 4 mushroom soup but oxtail and mushroom were out of stock so were replaced with tomato so we end up with 12 tins of tomato soup and tomato soup is close to the top of foods that I dislike. By the time we'd sorted through the order and returned to the driver what we didn't want I ended up having to go shopping myself.
Supermarket shopping now is done either 06.30 or 21.00 (06.30 is good if you want to fill the freezer with discounted meat and fish) and so far has proved to be hassle free with quiet stores and plenty of stock because it seems that many stores have deliveries early evening to stock up for next day.
Other than that it's a pleasant day so we've been for a drive along the Jurassic coast road to give the car and the wife a run out..!!

Cheers
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 12:37   #156507
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I feel for you Ian tried online in the first lockdown it proved a total waste of time simply because one third of what I ordered was out of stock and had either been deleted from the order or replaced with something totally unsuitable, apparently the picking computer tells staff what to put in as a replacement... ie we ordered 4 tomato, 4 oxtail, 4 mushroom soup but oxtail and mushroom were out of stock so were replaced with tomato so we end up with 12 tins of tomato soup and tomato soup is close to the top of foods that I dislike. By the time we'd sorted through the order and returned to the driver what we didn't want I ended up having to go shopping myself.
Supermarket shopping now is done either 06.30 or 21.00 (06.30 is good if you want to fill the freezer with discounted meat and fish) and so far has proved to be hassle free with quiet stores and plenty of stock because it seems that many stores have deliveries early evening to stock up for next day.
Other than that it's a pleasant day so we've been for a drive along the Jurassic coast road to give the car and the wife a run out..!!

Cheers

Oh heck! I hope there's not going to be too many changes to the order, we'll see what arrives tomorrow.

Some good news & some bad news, Had a desktop given to me that's got better spec than the one I use for the media centre for the living room telly, It had Win 10 so that's getting overwritten with the latest Ubuntu OS as we speak

Bad news is now the snow is melting on the roof there's a small bulge in the bedroom ceiling

Old 29th December 2020, 12:54   #156508
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Bad news is now the snow is melting on the roof there's a small bulge in the bedroom ceiling
Doesn't sound good. Had a damp patch appear in the lounge ceiling at the old house, water feed into the toilet cistern was leaking, subsequently found out that just about every house in the estate had the same problem at some point.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 13:43   #156509
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Doesn't sound good. Had a damp patch appear in the lounge ceiling at the old house, water feed into the toilet cistern was leaking, subsequently found out that just about every house in the estate had the same problem at some point.

We had the water tank in the attic removed when we had the combi boiler installed. I've been outside to look if any slates have been dislodged by the storm we had t'other day but I cant see owt!! as far as I know there are no other water pipes over that area of the ceiling. I've put some towels down underneath the small bulge in the ceiling until I can get up in the attic.
Just made a pan of corned beef hash for tea with some baby beetroots.

Old 29th December 2020, 13:47   #156510
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post

Cheers

That's good to know Ian I'm partial to fish & if it's discounted all the better, Thanks for the tip.