Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2017, 08:57   #11
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Sounds like they're being pretty efficient Harry, pity about the dreadful appointment scrum
Luckily at my Surgery they have a far better system, you phone up for an appointment the receptionist takes your details then one of the Doctors rings you back within a few minutes, they discuss things with you and decide the best plan of action. If an appointment is needed then it's almost always been the same day.
This cuts out unnecessary appointments being made where it would be better dealt with in other ways.

A couple of minutes talking to each patient first must save them hours of appointment time over the course of the week.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 8th November 2017 at 08:59..
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 15:16   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Sounds like they're being pretty efficient Harry, pity about the dreadful appointment scrum
Luckily at my Surgery they have a far better system, you phone up for an appointment the receptionist takes your details then one of the Doctors rings you back within a few minutes, they discuss things with you and decide the best plan of action. If an appointment is needed then it's almost always been the same day.
I did query the problem with their system, but their stock answer was that it was much better than the other surgeries in the area. They said their patients just turn up, then sit and wait to see a doctor, any doctor.

I can understand the problems locally, because of the large influx of people to the local area and no extra facilities. At least I have a fair chance of making an appointment with the same regular doctor, by checking the morning's appointments.

I am now booked up for - a repeat blood test on Friday (LGI must have mucked up last Friday's blood sample?). MRI on Monday, then diabetic nurse on Tuesday.

Am I glad I'm not really ill

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 17:37   #13
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Glad your getting good treatment, the NHS has its problems so its nice to hear a good story about it. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 18:30   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Good to see a positive thread about the NHS.

I had the misfortune to spend nearly a week in Ipswich hospital last year. I came out full of admiration for the way that the whole machinery worked - this stretched from the porter turning up to wheel me to different departments for tests to the professionalism of the doctors.

As for the people on the ward, I cannot speak highly enough of them. They work so hard that I don't believe I could do their job. I popped back a week after being discharged with boxes of chocolates for the people on the ward as a way of saying "thank you".
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 18:39   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

I've just remembered a bad A&E experience I had a few years ago...

During a weekend, I tore a left leg muscle. I was in agony, unable to walk, but I could drive my then auto.. I rang a local A&E, explained the problem and said I could take myself in if I could park by the door and they could get a wheelchair to get me in, rather than having to send an ambulance. They agreed.

I pulled up at the door, got a load of abuse for even daring to park there, had to hop in to a small wheeled chair. When my turn came, they refused to push me in to the doctor, it was nobodies job. Then played hell because I tried to reach to turn the wheels myself. Nightmare, due to unhelpful jobsworth staff!

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 15th November 2017, 17:25   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I was referred to the local teaching hospital in regards to the visual disturbance migraine, something I have just ignored for the past 35 years, because I happened to mention it at my last surgery visit. The registrar there agreed from my description that it was almost certainly what I had self diagnosed - migraine, but referred me for an MRI scan, just a head scan at another teaching hospital, in a mobile scanner in their car park.

Always fancied having that done, just to see what it was like. It was very cramped in there, no changing facilities, but they wanted me clear of all metal to my waist. I was well wrapped up against the cold, but had to struggle to get ready in the MRI control room, with three staff in a very cramped room.

The scan itself involved me lying on a full length rack/narrow table, with my head in a shaped base, head packed into place, then a semi open face plate over the top. Earplugs in and headphones on, playing music to combat the noise of the scanner.

I was in the scanner for around 25 minutes. It was quiet disorientating, either I was moving or the machine around me, I could tell there was movement, but not which way. Several times the actual table bounced under me - it was almost a good back massage.

This morning, I received 2/3 more appointments. One to go for a 24 hour heart monitor to be fitted, then removed the next day. Then a third for a full Cardio investigation at another hospital.

I do feel they are playing catch up with my health attention, not having needed to bother the NHS before..

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 15th November 2017 at 17:29..
Old 15th November 2017, 22:37   #17
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Think of it as a medical MOT - All that matters is the pass at the end.
Old 16th November 2017, 06:20   #18
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

I'm diabetic and have suffered from high blood pressure for many a long year however apart from the annual MOT I'm not one to run to the doctors too often!

In May 2016 & April 2017 my wife had operations to have her knees replaced at the Golden Jubilee Hospital in Clydebank.
Of course with such major events you get a bit more of an idea of the workings of the hospital and NHS staff and I, personally, have nothing but praise for them.
Everyone that we encountered were kind, courteous and helpful.
Never at any stage did I, or my wife, have cause to complain about any part of both procedures.

Oft times I come into contact with stupid (for want of a better word) people who abuse A&E staff or front-line first responders but luckily they are few and far between.

The staff who work in the NHS are wonderful and we, as a country, should thank our lucky stars we have them available when we need help!

BTW, glad you're on the mend Harry

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 08:38   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Think of it as a medical MOT - All that matters is the pass at the end.
Oh, it might eventually become a pass, but there will be lots of Advisories.

Old 16th November 2017, 09:29   #20
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Sadly I wish I could agree they are good but the recent experiences with my Mother in Law have been simply appalling. Had to email the Director of Nursing to up the ante on her care after numerous direct approaches to the staff. No sign of understaffing or pressure and many staff staring into mobile phones on a regular basis. And, at the fear of being criticised I get a little fed up of seeing lists of thank you cards on wards. It is their job to look after us well and we deserve nothing less (an opinion my brother in law shares who was a senior executive of a regional health authority). As for my Mother in Laws GP surgery they are truly the pits. Eva Braun on reception, ludicrous appointment times and laclustre doctors. In contrast my surgery directly across the road is at the opposite end of the spectrum. So clearly to me its a management/attitude problem otherwise why the difference.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote