Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th November 2020, 22:41   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post

I have never understood why women retire earlier but on average live longer then men, logic dictates it should be the other way round.
On average men physically work their bodies into the ground a lot worst than our lovely ladies do, we then don't go to the doctors when we should, we ignore those all important signs until it's too late.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2020, 23:48   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Testosterone can shorten a mans life, especially if you have higher levels than normal. Men who have lost one or both nuts can live longer and are less likely to develop testicle and prostate cancer.

I may have to lose one of mine, I just hope it's all worth it, they only get in the blooming way anyway. lol
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 00:52   #13
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

I for one will have absolutely no hesitation in getting a jab when it becomes available. Despite speculation by some the vaccine has NOT been rushed, just developed at an accelerated rate in the same way that many crises throughout history have led to amazing progress dictated by necessity. All the reports I've read from scientists and all those involved in developing the various vaccines have stressed that safety, safety and safety is the overriding priority.

P.S. How did this thread manage to morph into a discussion about pensions?

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 07:37   #14
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
On average men physically work their bodies into the ground a lot worst than our lovely ladies do, we then don't go to the doctors when we should, we ignore those all important signs until it's too late.

Women live longer cos’ they get an oil change every month.
Old 12th November 2020, 08:41   #15
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Interesting, over 500 views but only 30 votes.
I suspect it is because I made the vote public and it appears to be such a polarising subject? Or people may be saying one thing and do another?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 09:01   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I well understand peoples fears about the speed at which a vaccine could come to market.
I seem to think some 40,000 + are involved with the trial and that it will be / is 97% effective.

Unless volunteers come forward to take part in the trial there will be no vaccine available with any human used evidence. As for long term safety, again another valid point. How long is long term?

We have to weigh up getting / not getting covid and the effects that has against what may happen if we are vaccinated.

I understand not getting vaccinated "now" but if the vaccine is proven to be safe I hope those that will hang back will come forward and be vaccinated.
How much of the population would need to be vaccinated to stop the spread and leave those that don't get vaccinated, safe?

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 09:26   #17
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I certainly won’t be having this vaccine unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it’s forced. My biggest concern is with the prospect of travelling, it’s taken no time at all for everyone to jump on it basically necessitating it going forward and it’s not even in circulation yet. I can see travel basically being banned for anyone who hasn’t had it, and how can that be right?
I’m not interested in any vaccines, especially with the severe side effects associated (the flu jab very nearly killed the mother in law) and I’m in an age category that’s almost certainly going to fight these sorts of things off. I take a risk every morning when I jump in the car and go to work, I’ll take my chances with cold, flu, COVID etc...

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 09:48   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
I certainly won’t be having this vaccine unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it’s forced. My biggest concern is with the prospect of travelling, it’s taken no time at all for everyone to jump on it basically necessitating it going forward and it’s not even in circulation yet. I can see travel basically being banned for anyone who hasn’t had it, and how can that be right?
I’m not interested in any vaccines, especially with the severe side effects associated (the flu jab very nearly killed the mother in law) and I’m in an age category that’s almost certainly going to fight these sorts of things off. I take a risk every morning when I jump in the car and go to work, I’ll take my chances with cold, flu, COVID etc...
you ask "how can it be right for travel to be banned for those that do not have it" but I ask you, how can it be wrong?
If you are not infected and do not become infected that a travel restriction could seem harsh but what if you are infected and travel or become infected and travel, you could spread the virus, put others at risk and be a financial burden, is that fair of you?

You are free to choose if to be vaccinated or not, I should be free to travel without fear of being infected. Banning travel, reduces spread. If at day 1 no had travelled to outside of the originating country we would I suspect be in a whole different situation. I'm not blaming those that travelled so early on, they were not aware of what they were carrying but the world was slow to react, perhaps because they did not know the full ramifications of what they were dealing with.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2020, 10:15   #19
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

The doomsday forecasters will soon be saying its a ploy to kill off all us old uns.

Thats why its oldies first, they will say, its to save pension payouts etc

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote