Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd June 2017, 20:37   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Talking Prosecution for hit and run.

Yes. Today I have received a request for the name of the driver who was driving BL52 KRZ Rover, that was involved in a hit and run in Luton, Bedfordshire on 22/05/2017 at 17.30. Well I knew that Rovers could move a bit, but mine must have been stolen and put back without me knowing., because it was parked on my friends front parking area in his garden between 16.00 and 19.40, in Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire on that date. Had this happen before in the 70s with a Daimler v8 250, but that one was in Plymouth or Portsmouth, take your pick. Same thing, hit and run, while it was still in Birmingham. Am I jinxed or haunted, is what I want to know.
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:44   #2
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

I assume you've checked it's real?

I know cars get cloned, but there's also a lot of hoax material flying around.

Assuming it is real, sorry it's happened to you again - hope you get it sorted out asap.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:02   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Oh it's real. I thought ,here we go, it's a scam. Then checked who it was from, Bedfordshire Camera, Tickets & collision unit. I have a ref number and a phone number, which I phoned and it is correct, but they are not open until Monday morning. No staff I suppose. The last time, I asked a friend of mine who worked for the Police, said that they are probably 'fishing'. They have been given part of a reg number, and are checking to see if they can come up with the culprit. Well I have four people as witnesses where I was, and the car, and also if he remembered, the fish and chip shop manager where we got fish and chips from as a late dinner on that day.
Old 3rd June 2017, 21:47   #4
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Oh it's real. I thought ,here we go, it's a scam. Then checked who it was from, Bedfordshire Camera, Tickets & collision unit. I have a ref number and a phone number, which I phoned and it is correct, but they are not open until Monday morning. No staff I suppose. The last time, I asked a friend of mine who worked for the Police, said that they are probably 'fishing'. They have been given part of a reg number, and are checking to see if they can come up with the culprit. Well I have four people as witnesses where I was, and the car, and also if he remembered, the fish and chip shop manager where we got fish and chips from as a late dinner on that day.
Hopefully you paid for the chips with a card?
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 23:15   #5
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Yes. Today I have received a request for the name of the driver who was driving BL52 KRZ Rover, that was involved in a hit and run in Luton, Bedfordshire on 22/05/2017 at 17.30. Well I knew that Rovers could move a bit, but mine must have been stolen and put back without me knowing., because it was parked on my friends front parking area in his garden between 16.00 and 19.40, in Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire on that date. Had this happen before in the 70s with a Daimler v8 250, but that one was in Plymouth or Portsmouth, take your pick. Same thing, hit and run, while it was still in Birmingham. Am I jinxed or haunted, is what I want to know.
This happened to me years ago with a Sierra. Same colour, same plate, except mine was off the road without a propshaft.
Plod were useless, my car fitted their description so clearly I must have pushed it into the accident they were sure I had caused.
Dunces.
Old 4th June 2017, 07:21   #6
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
What ever has happened you need to get to the bottom of it....or it could cost you dearly:
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx of Huddersfield Road, Brighouse, six penalty points, £660 fine, £85 costs and £66 victim surcharge for failing to provide information to the police relating to the identification of a driver.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 14:10   #7
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

A few years ago, story too long for here, but I was able prove Beds Police had got it wrong. Involved getting info from Met Office and Royal Observatory, but managed it in the end.

As has been said above,open up correspondence with them to avoid additional summons.
Old 4th June 2017, 17:19   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

I intend phoning in the morning. There is a form to fill in for the driver 'who was involved in the incident'. As there was no driver involved 'in the incident', how do I fill in the form? One question I intend asking is ' can I sue the person who gave them my reg number, as it has caused me a lot of stress and loss of sleep over the weekend'.Not really. I don't do stress at any time. Will let you know what the answer was tomorrow.
Old 4th June 2017, 17:24   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Hopefully you paid for the chips with a card?
Ooopps. No I did not. What happens now? Would have been a good idea if I had though. Good thought for next time.
Old 4th June 2017, 19:51   #10
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

I'd lay odds on a cloned plate

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote