Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th November 2020, 18:09   #1
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Default Go on,,,,you know you want to!!

Just put my name to one of these....!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...Ql0-L8ds03-SFY

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 19:01   #2
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Nice, looks a lot better than the ex post office Sherpa van EV prototype I owned many moons ago !!
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 19:20   #3
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

300 miles of range, 0-60 in under 4 seconds, sub £30k price. I'll overlook the silly doors and the round badge for that. Yes please!
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 21:19   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post

300 miles of range, 0-60 in under 4 seconds, sub £30k price. I'll overlook the silly doors and the round badge for that. Yes please!
Go on. Buy one. If you do and you do get 300 miles of range, let me know and I will buy it for you. The only stipulation is that if you do get 300 miles range, you must be able to do the same in January/ February.If you can not get it in those months and never again, I will give you the money to buy another one. Yes, another fairy story.
Old 18th November 2020, 22:09   #5
Mogwyth

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post

Apparently unlikly the doors will make the production model and if you look the badges isnt round, its a still octagonal, just a bit softer.
Old 18th November 2020, 22:42   #6
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

If it actually looks like that, I'll be after one!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 16:32   #7
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Go on. Buy one. If you do and you do get 300 miles of range, let me know and I will buy it for you. The only stipulation is that if you do get 300 miles range, you must be able to do the same in January/ February.If you can not get it in those months and never again, I will give you the money to buy another one. Yes, another fairy story.
First answer - Go on, buy me one. I'm not passive aggressive, UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!!!

Slightly less tongue-in-cheek answer - you may have missed the chat about winter driving conditions, WLTP/NEDC and range figures in the other thread. No more than with our 75s, the official figures should of course be treated with a fair degree of caution. The fuel tanks in our cars have a capacity of 14.25 gallons, or 64.8 litres. As I said elsewhere, I once managed to eke out 735 miles from brimming the tank to running on fumes, bimbling around the Irish coast below 40mph for the majority of that distance. But even that falls short of the 60.7mpg the handbook claims as the extra-urban fuel consumption figure for my manual diesel 75 saloons. They have sometimes managed 660-680 miles on a tank, on similarly long trips in perfect conditions, but that's still nowhere near the 864 miles the handbook claims they should cover. And I never, ever got near the 53mpg it says the automatic tourer could do, even though I had that car on several long trips of 270 miles each way. If it had been capable of what the handbook claimed, I should have been able to cover 769 miles on a single tank - it barely scraped past 500. Talk about fairy stories ...

In short, while I'm very fond of my 75s, I'd be a lot more confident of being able to achieve the official range figure for this MG than for any Rover 75, or other ICE car.

So if the official range figure for the MG is 300 miles, I'd probably assume no more than 250-260 on a long trip at motorway speeds, and to be extra careful I'd plan for another 40-50 less than that again for driving in wet/windy/cold conditions. That would still suit me fine - on the longest trip I ever do, a 10-15 minute top-up at one of the ultra-fast chargers en route is all I would need to arrive with plenty of capacity left. That's pretty much what it takes to stop for a fuel & comfort break on those longer trips anyway, so at worst I'd be losing an extra 5 minutes over the course of 5 hours. Otherwise, my regular round trips range from 20 to 100 miles, meaning I'd be able to keep it charged up from home most of the time, either from my solar array when there's a daytime surplus or at night when demand and electricity prices are low.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 22:53   #8
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

On 1 of the ZS EV groups on facebook there's a discussion about winter range. Reports are that range in the summer is around 150-170 miles, and winter mileage 120-140 miles. Thats from UK owners. There is an owner in Greenland who reports that with current temps at -10 degrees and the car in eco mode he's still getting 125+ miles.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 03:31   #9
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

If you can buy that for £30000 then Tesla should be getting worried .
And Ferrari !
I need something with 5 seats and I'm presuming it's a 4 seater
Old 20th November 2020, 10:05   #10
Adam2003
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Anyone else getting Rover 75 Coupe vibes? 😉

Just watched a walk around YouTube video of the car and the rear end and sides is 100% copied from the Rover prototype. Same colour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam2003 is offline   Reply With Quote