Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2020, 18:58   #1
rikk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI

Default Powerfold mirrors fitting issues

Hello, I'm trying to fit "powerfold" mirrors to my ZT and having a slight issue. I purchased the door looms and switch fitted them a while ago, and the "bullet" style mirrors. The drivers side one works perfectly.

The passenger side however, doesn't work. There were a couple of things on the mirror that i had to fix as it was slightly damaged (back cover has broken off and mirror was loose on the motor) when i received it, but that is now done and when i apply voltage to the pins on the plug it does work.. but not when plugged into the car.

I have connected a multi meter to the socket from the door loom and it appears no voltage is getting there when the powerfold switch is pressed.

The first thing i want to check is, am i right that the "cross body" wiring for the powerfold mirrors is already present? I thought it was (see photo of the passenger side socket) as there are orange and orange/red wires at pins 8 and 9 as mentioned elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if this looks right? If so i guess there may be something wrong with the door looms, perhaps.

thanks.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...55dVV3N19mTW1R
rikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 22:53   #2
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Looks like the cross body wiring is present but don’t forget you still have to connect power from the drivers side to the same plug in the drivers side door pillar, has this been done ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 07:48   #3
rikk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI

Thanks, well it should be .. i bought and fitted both the drivers and passenger side looms with the additional powerfold wiring. Maybe there is something wrong with the wiring or how i fitted it ..
rikk is offline   Reply With Quote