Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th August 2019, 22:17   #11
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

If the LP is reading 390kpa with the ITP connected, then it is working

The output pressure of the ITP is not combined with that of the UBP to give a huge output reading........and there is a pressure regulating valve in the system too

P1260 is generated every time the fuel pump times out by the way, and the pumps run for approximately one minute, not 20 seconds

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 14:42   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Well that's good news. Hopefully trouble free motoring is just a day or two away.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 20:21   #13
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
tonight I connected a pressure tester to the pump and to the fuel line turned on the ignition and there was no pressure there and if you look in rave it says there that the pump is 2.5 bar and the ubp runs for 20 seconds i tested the old pump and it produced 2 bar so there is something wrong with the pump in the tank and i will only know for sure when i change it next week i will post an update then
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2019, 09:54   #14
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

David you may not get 2.5 Bar when testing the pump in situ.

Do you have a problem apart from the LP pressure fault code? As Brian said just about every diesel plugged in to a T4 will throw up this code as it is generated every time the ignition is left on and the car not started.

If you look at this sketch you can see that fuel from the ITP not supplying the UBP can return to the tank via the restrictor valve and that can bleed off pressure.

If your ITP can be heard with your ear next to the open fuel filler cap (unplug the UBP if you need to) then chances are it is supplying the correct pressure for the system.

If you have a problem with the engine cutting out or running in limp mode them you could have a problem with the pipework in the tank or a blockage somewhere.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 1st September 2019 at 09:58..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2019, 10:12   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi David.
I have re-read through the thread I can not find at any stage where you say that the car is not starting or is cutting out, so I presume the car is running & you are changing the UBP & most likely the ITP because of the reading on the T4 is that correct?

If I am wrong can you please state what the actual problem is with the car, cutting out, spluttering, wont start, taking longer than usual to start, cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 02:59   #16
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
yes the car starts and runs ok but t4 says there is intermittent low fuel pressure and I am trying to find out why t4 is saying intermittent low fuel pressure when every thing looks ok and this I have been told is a common fault and no one has yet to find a cure
david
Old 2nd September 2019, 04:03   #17
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
I have just remembered when I went to view the car I was told that I could not go far for a test drive as there was hardly any diesel in the tank and the fuel gauge was below the quarter bought the car filled the tank up and drove home parked the car until the following morning went out to the car and I noticed that there was a lot of diesel on the floor looked to see where it was coming from it was coming from the drivers side on top of the tank lifted the seat and took the cover off the top of the pump
only to find that the pump had not been tightened down I can only think that the garage I bought it from had drained the diesel out of the tank now is it possible that the fuel pressure regulator has become faulty
david
Old 2nd September 2019, 07:09   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2000 View Post
hi to all
yes the car starts and runs ok but t4 says there is intermittent low fuel pressure and I am trying to find out why t4 is saying intermittent low fuel pressure when every thing looks ok and this I have been told is a common fault and no one has yet to find a cure
david

If you clear the fault once the T4 is plugged in and then run the car with it still connected does the fault show up again?

If not then I don't think you have a fault - as has been mentioned, if the pumps time out with the ignition on and the engine not started this fault is logged, and it is easy enough to do that every time you connect up the T4.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 08:14   #19
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david2000 View Post
hi to all
david

Hi David.
I personally would not be trying to mend something that is not broken, quite a lot of the time as above if the UBP as timed out it will give a reading on T4 its one of those that you ignore if car is running ok, the same goes for the glow plug readings.

So going by what you are saying I think you have changed the UBP for nothing, I wouldn't do the same with the ITP.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:09   #20
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
I think I have found what is causing the fault it is the pierburg vale that is between the fuel filter and the ubp this is what I tried I clamped the pipe and went for a drive a couple of miles then I connected t4 and looked at the faults there were none then I took the clamp off and went for another spin same distance I still had the t4 connected looked at the faults and the fault was back so to prove that the valve is at fault I need a new pierburg valve it is also fitted to the freelander td4 and bmw 320d does any one know of where I can get one rimmers say it is no longer available
david