Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2010, 21:18   #31
arjan_m
Gets stuck in

MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverAlicante View Post
I would love to have that grille on my 75..... The problem is, where can we order it... snif....

My third 75:
My Rover 75 1.8 mod topic
Rover 75 1.8 Classic, MidNight Blue, 2002

Current car:
MG TF 135, Antracite (LQW), 2002
arjan_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 21:33   #32
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

Sean (Radioguy) said he can source MG7 parts, I asked him about the climate control panel which I quite like, he hasn't got back to me on that yet though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 23:14   #33
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

rather annoyed after seeing that link

what a shame
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 08:14   #34
arjan_m
Gets stuck in

MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTomez View Post
Sean (Radioguy) said he can source MG7 parts, I asked him about the climate control panel which I quite like, he hasn't got back to me on that yet though.
I have sent him a personal message, let's see if he wants to or still can order parts. I really do hope so, but I can imagine he doesn't want to order just for everyone...

My third 75:
My Rover 75 1.8 mod topic
Rover 75 1.8 Classic, MidNight Blue, 2002

Current car:
MG TF 135, Antracite (LQW), 2002
arjan_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 09:27   #35
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

He said to me that the guys over there were asking ridiculous amounts for the climate control panel, realistic price I would think should be certainly no more than £40-50 looking at the ones on ebay. But I'm sure there are other parts off the MG7 that would be of great interest to us lot, so hopefully Sean can get hold of them at a reasonable price.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 19:45   #36
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default MG7 Climate control

Hi, I am new to this forum but have been on the two-sixties for some time as my V8. As well as the ZT260 and the ZTT260 I also run a Rover 75 CDT Tourer. Its a 2002 Conn SE, has 195K on it and has been mine from new. Anyway, I bought a couple of the climate control panels for the MG7 and tried them in the V8. Works fine except the temp on the passenger side works the opposite way round (hot being cold ....) Haven't tried it in the Rover but as the 260 is tucked away for the winter I'll take it out and try it. I bought the two units I have from MG Shanghai and they were nearly £100 each and that was when the exchange rate was 14 RMB to the pound. Its now 10RMB. I think the only way to get them more reasonable is to track down the manufacturer and buy direct if possible. Would the Roewe 750 one fit? Can't remember what the dash looks like on that. All the best, JB
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 10:56   #37
Paulifa1
Loves to post

75 launch car

Mmmm... Had a look at the photo's of the MG7 on the chinese site. It looks almost exactly the same as a pre project drive UK car, the build quality looks very good too. So much nicer than the Roewe 750 re-hash.

I suppose time will be the real test... Are they using the same high strength/quality steels to build it?, (what's it like in crash tests?) are they zinc plating the sheet steel and cavity waxing & corrosion proofing it to a high standard as the UK cars were? If not, the good build quality will be wasted when the sills and door bottoms look like a 70's built BL car after 3 or 4 years!!

Would be nice to get a reliable supplier for lots of those shiny MG7 bits though...
Paulifa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:38   #38
Will.S
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Tourer View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum but have been on the two-sixties for some time as my V8. As well as the ZT260 and the ZTT260 I also run a Rover 75 CDT Tourer. Its a 2002 Conn SE, has 195K on it and has been mine from new. Anyway, I bought a couple of the climate control panels for the MG7 and tried them in the V8. Works fine except the temp on the passenger side works the opposite way round (hot being cold ....) Haven't tried it in the Rover but as the 260 is tucked away for the winter I'll take it out and try it. I bought the two units I have from MG Shanghai and they were nearly £100 each and that was when the exchange rate was 14 RMB to the pound. Its now 10RMB. I think the only way to get them more reasonable is to track down the manufacturer and buy direct if possible. Would the Roewe 750 one fit? Can't remember what the dash looks like on that. All the best, JB
The Roewe has a different dash. I used 'Alibaba' to find a supplier for the MG7 L grille surround and badge, £220 delivered, haven't ordered yet though, will post if all goes through okay.
Will.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:37   #39
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Will, Sean aka Radioguy on this forum, can get you them much cheaper.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote