Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th June 2017, 10:38   #1
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Default ZT Police Car

Was doing some research for my work and came accross this ZT Police car picture:

http://www.captec-group.com/wp-conte...ion_CS_01A.pdf
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cw1uk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 10:56   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

There have been a few. A v8 was tested here in ni, and is apparently still stored at seapark garages here. The was a 1/43 scale model based on the ni police car here. It was broken by a local breaker though. (For whatever reason wasn't able to put back on the road)

Do a search, and you will find previous discussions on the topic

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 11:05   #3
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw1uk2 View Post
Was doing some research for my work and came accross this ZT Police car picture:

http://www.captec-group.com/wp-conte...ion_CS_01A.pdf
ZTs (and 75s) were widely used by all the emergency services. Some are still on the road.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=158560
Old 19th June 2017, 11:09   #4
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
There have been a few. A v8 was tested here in ni, and is apparently still stored at seapark garages here. The was a 1/43 scale model based on the ni police car here. It was broken by a local breaker though. (For whatever reason wasn't able to put back on the road)

Do a search, and you will find previous discussions on the topic

There is a facelift V8 ZTT (Vin333) that was used by the Irish police as I bought it and is currently being repaired by Jarrad in Essex. It is in Aubergine Supertalic and oxford white interior and some unique additions and was owned by Bob Beddow the HR director at MGR until liquidation. It was then sent over to Ireland and converted to become a police pursuit car until one of them wrapped it around a pole after just a few miles..with rear quarter panel damage, no insurance involved as the police self insure it then sat around for 10 years or so in storage until it re-surfaced when I bought it.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 11:52   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
There is a facelift V8 ZTT (Vin333) that was used by the Irish police as I bought it and is currently being repaired by Jarrad in Essex. It is in Aubergine Supertalic and oxford white interior and some unique additions and was owned by Bob Beddow the HR director at MGR until liquidation. It was then sent over to Ireland and converted to become a police pursuit car until one of them wrapped it around a pole after just a few miles..with rear quarter panel damage, no insurance involved as the police self insure it then sat around for 10 years or so in storage until it re-surfaced when I bought it.
I assume you mean the psni? Rather than the gardai? It would be intriguing if it was the gards though

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 02:22   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
It was saved.

Its a total wreck, but may appear on the road again some time before 2020.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 03:46   #7
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default #333

Yes, #333 is alive although a little unwell. The damage to the sill and rear quarter are significant and will require replacement panels. One new wing on the front, bonnet and then mainly paint. The rear stuff up is out and I am also removing the front stuff up completely. Car can then be painted inside and out. I always hated the dull paint finish in the engine bay. Hope to have it on the road for summer 2019 but depends on work. I have even built a new storage room on the side of the house to get everything out of the garage so I can work on it.... It will be stunning when completed. The paint colour is something else. All the best, JB
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 08:25   #8
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Looks like the same pic. This poster is displayed at the Commercial Motor Museum in Leyland.