Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th August 2007, 12:10   #11
VXman
Regular poster

MG ZT -T 260

my Mcguard locking nut was very tight. I ruined the key trying to get it off. A replacement key was £60.

I've now taken all the locking nuts off cause I don't want that hassle again. At least if their nicked I'm insured. TBO I don't think the MG wheels are particularly attractive to thieves.

Interesting to note also though that I went to remove the rear wheels and 2 nuts are too tight to undo again!!!!
VXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 14:07   #12
Skydive G&S

MG ZT-T 260 SE

Default Locking wheel bolts

I think the moral of the locking wheel nut saga is to make sure that when ever the wheels are taken off by any garage/ tyre bay that it is stated clearly before any work is under taken that under no circumstances do the mechanics etc, putting the wheels back on use those NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- windy guns.
My car is now down with S.M.C. having the bit's and pieces done and I have informed the service department and put a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- great note in the car that they do not use any sort of air gun to do wheel nuts up if they take the wheels off.
I have now bought a set of Mc Gard wheel bolts and when the car comes back some time next week I will put them on myself hopefully that should sort the problem !!! famous last words.
Ged
Skydive G&S is offline   Reply With Quote