Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2007, 08:28   #11
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi Havanatopia,

welcome to the owners club.

Sorry to hear about your troubles but please keep us informed of the outcome.

just so you know www.mgr-service.com are members of this forum and a guy called Andy who goes under the name of Aurora ZT-T is one of the owners and is a busy member on here.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 10:12   #12
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

hope you get this sorted, use somebody who knows about the v8 and dont let the price put you off. I know this is easy for me to say but there are things that non mg people won't know eg gear box oil level mustn't be filled until it runs out the filler like most boxes, it must be below the filler plug by an exact amount!

Last edited by sworks; 27th May 2007 at 10:16..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 06:28   #13
Harrygsi
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I am just trying to find a thread on two sixties
There is I believe an access panel where you may be able to see what the problem is

I assume the pedal has gone to the floor I trust the master is topped up and not leaking.

Found it, no pictures though!

"On test driving may car the clutch juddered.
The dealer replaced the whole of the clutch, slave and master cylinder.
I found it still 'stiff' and finally after the car was not used over Christmas it was stiff and made screeching noise.

In desperation I opened up the fabric covering the bell housing to find quite a large inspection plate. This was removed and I found that the clutch splines were making the noise in contact with the thrust bearing/slave cylinder (it is a combined part).

A carefull spray with some silicone based lubricant has transformed the clutch pedal and made it so much smoother and better than it has ever been."

....this info. was from me on another forum! I am now considering applying a motor cycle chain anti-fling grease from an aerosol. Local MG dealer said all clutch assemblies were to be done without any lubrication (MGR instruction) to prevent contamination.

Clutch can still be a bit stiff now and then, so must do the job soon. The inspection plate is quite big and easily undone. It's harder to undo the gearbox insulation wrap! I have found the part no. (and bought!) for the insulation and clips if anyone is interested. The clips are the same as those used to hold down the boot carpet!

Finally, you can just drop the gearbox to access the clutch but watch out for the Lamda wiring!!

Cheers
Peter
Harrygsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 14:01   #14
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Thanks Peter and welcome to the club and the forum.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 18:17   #15
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
....this info. was from me on another forum! I am now considering applying a motor cycle chain anti-fling grease from an aerosol. Local MG dealer said all clutch assemblies were to be done without any lubrication (MGR instruction) to prevent contamination.

Clutch can still be a bit stiff now and then, so must do the job soon. The inspection plate is quite big and easily undone. It's harder to undo the gearbox insulation wrap! I have found the part no. (and bought!) for the insulation and clips if anyone is interested. The clips are the same as those used to hold down the boot carpet!

Finally, you can just drop the gearbox to access the clutch but watch out for the Lamda wiring!!

Cheers
Peter
Yes. took your time joining.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote