Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th March 2019, 09:17   #21
Split or Bust
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
The cars done its job. It can be replaced, people can't. Glad you're ok
Pretty much what the copper said to me when I crashed my MGF.

Good to know there were no serious injuries.
Split or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 15:49   #22
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Well done, hobled away from a potential killer there. Sudden stops like that aren't good.
Reminded me of one of the dashcam programs - blue zt passes an artic, aquaplanes and puts itself into a field, full 360, through fence and hedge. The driver was sitting there with a "what the heck happened there" look.
No substitute for size sometimes.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 23:20   #23
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default As said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
The cars done its job. It can be replaced, people can't. Glad you're ok
As said the most important thing is that you and other driver are OK. Even in a well engineered car you were both lucky to walk away from that.

Remember if you feel ill over next few days to seek medical advice as other injury may surface
Take care

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 10:41   #24
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

you are very lucky, at that sort of speed one might expect far more serious injury.

may I what happened?

Head on, is probably better then corner to corner as the whole of the car takes the brunt instead of a little area taking the full force of two cars.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 12:38   #25
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Who was at fault then ?
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 12:47   #26
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well If it was a single carriageway, it looks like the jag was at fault by the position of the cars. But, hey-ho who am I to point the finger? That is if they have not been moved since the accident.
Old 15th March 2019, 13:53   #27
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobi’s Kar View Post
Wednesday on the A142 my MK2 MG ZT saved my life as unfortunately I had a head-on collision at 60 mph. Thanks to my ZT I only suffered a suspected fractured wrist and abrasions from the seatbelt. I was frequently told if I was in my 1992 fiesta I’d be cream crackered

Good grief! Thank goodness both you and the Jag driver are safe!

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 19:48   #28
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Well,, as George ownership of this fine beast was most likely down to me having a couple of them (we are close friends) I too was naturally shocked at the outcome of the crash.
Suffice to say George, being a young man (19) is fine apart from a fractured bone in hid right hand and some midrif bruising due to the seatbelt tensioner going off like a hellcat. His build quality matches the MG!
Many thanks to the designer of the airbags too as these obviously saved George any further injury.
They say “Pride comes before a Fall”,, and it seems this played out as George only got the car in November 2018 involving a 580 mile round trip to the north east. (Saltburn)
It was love at first sight but the car had been messed about with over the years and needed a lot of love and it certainly got this from George. Only in Feb it received a new set of premium boots, a new black oak dash, a new radiator and condenser and a complete new clutch, expertly fitted by Andi Willy. It was due to receive various other niceties but Sod’s law prevailed.
Hopefully one day he can rejoin the MGR fold but for the foreseeable future it’s gonna be a trusty Ford as an undercarriage.

A big hat off to George and his beloved MG ZT!!

(It falls back to me to convey himself around our “Green and Splendid”!)

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2019, 11:41   #29
Kenobi’s Kar

MG ZT

Couldn’t have said it better myself Nick , I do inetend to come back to a trusty MG but it will be a decent amount of time before I can

Stay safe fella’s goodness know you will in these ZT &75’s

Cheers everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Well,, as George ownership of this fine beast was most likely down to me having a couple of them (we are close friends) I too was naturally shocked at the outcome of the crash.
Suffice to say George, being a young man (19) is fine apart from a fractured bone in hid right hand and some midrif bruising due to the seatbelt tensioner going off like a hellcat. His build quality matches the MG!
Many thanks to the designer of the airbags too as these obviously saved George any further injury.
They say “Pride comes before a Fall”,, and it seems this played out as George only got the car in November 2018 involving a 580 mile round trip to the north east. (Saltburn)
It was love at first sight but the car had been messed about with over the years and needed a lot of love and it certainly got this from George. Only in Feb it received a new set of premium boots, a new black oak dash, a new radiator and condenser and a complete new clutch, expertly fitted by Andi Willy. It was due to receive various other niceties but Sod’s law prevailed.
Hopefully one day he can rejoin the MGR fold but for the foreseeable future it’s gonna be a trusty Ford as an undercarriage.

A big hat off to George and his beloved MG ZT!!

(It falls back to me to convey himself around our “Green and Splendid”!)
Kenobi’s Kar is offline   Reply With Quote