Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th September 2011, 22:19   #1
Z T Top
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ SE 131

Default Back from the DEAD - Jules got there with my non-starter

Thanks to Jules Did 250 miles today and Moody Blue was spot on

My 2004 CDTI is now on 172,000 miles and had taken a little longer to start of late, but two weeks a go it would not start at all.

A helpful man from the RAC came out and found the following:

Low fuel pressure causing injectors not to cut in. suspect it needs 370kpa ish in rail to start, only at 340kpa. Cause may be worn pump/pumps or leaking injectors

The RAC man got the car started with the help of EASY START and over the following days, if it did'nt start I did the same but the inevitable has happened and the car stopped starting or to be precise I could get the engine to fire but the rev's died and the engine stalled.

I fitted a new under bonnet fuel pump and fuel filter but it made no difference at all.

My local garage said it was beyond their skills, BMW and Land Rover refused to touch her but Jules came to the rescue.

After a lot of effort he found the problem to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator and bob's your uncle she lives again.

So once again THANK YOU Jules.

P.S just to prove bad luck comes in three, first Moody Blue broke, then the flat loader I hired to deliver her to Jules broke down and then my first lease car broke down on the first day I got her. Maybe its just me