Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th February 2024, 13:18   #14361
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Today I took Lagetha down to David Tomlinson in Atherton to have a replacement (used) Klarius exhaust back-box fitted. As usual David did a good job, and the car's magic carpet ride is restored.

Silence is golden!

Sent from my Note_7P using Tapatalk

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2024, 16:18   #14362
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I removed the original egr valve and put the replacement one on, also I replaced the two vacuum pipes that were well past their sell by date.
A new rh front caliper was fitted as the other was sticking quite badly.
A wash and polish of both cars and a start up of the v8, music to my ears. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2024, 14:18   #14363
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Finished fitting new front indicator lenses yesterday with switchback LEDs which makes them into really crisp DRLs. Wired a relay to turn the DRLs off when the sidelights are turned on and all working luvverly.

The sun came out as anticipated so serviced the car today for the first time since I got it last July (5,000 miles ago). Filters weren't awful but definitely was time. Changed the oil and air/pollen/fuel/oil filters plus changed the PCV filter for the BMW separator type which I like. Also filled the new fuel filter with a bottle (400ml) of Forte Injector treatment as per Artic's imparted knowledge (https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...46&postcount=4). After a 20-second idle with the neat stuff, I'm leaving it until the morning and will give it a burn round the bypass.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2024, 19:45   #14364
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Martin

Good to hear this Martin, spoke with Mike, BRG yesterday and we both hope you will get over this and keep driving and your car on the road.
Best wishes Jennifer
Old 29th February 2024, 13:38   #14365
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
Good to hear this Martin, spoke with Mike, BRG yesterday and we both hope you will get over this and keep driving and your car on the road.
Best wishes Jennifer
Thanks Jen, mike and others, so far, i do intend to keep the car, its now MOTed, waiting now for how much my insurance renewal is going to be going up by, ive got a month , left, so will now start the hunting round, but even the historic insurers are quoting 4-500 cheapest so far is about 360 update, just did another check, got it from the same insurers i use, but on line for £338,48 Paid for it on credit card, as its cheaper than instalments by about £100, i can repay it on my card in three months, so still affordable

Last edited by Martin Butler; 29th February 2024 at 14:05..
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 19:28   #14366
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Yesterday I put in my nextbase dashcam, I partially lowered the headlining to get the wire across for the rear cam.
Then I fitted the hardwire kit so no unsightly wiring so be seen.

Then I moved on to my wife's car, there has been a constant drip of diesel which has been a right pain to find the source of the leak, eventually I found that it was leaking from the pipe fitted to the none return valve, I cut a small piece from it then re clamped it.

I moved on next to the tank , it leaks fuel when filled right up, a quick look finds the sealing ring in the tank, its not known if it fell in there when the float was removed, re seated and the ring done up tight so the next fill will see if this has sorted the prob or whether I'll need a new seal.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2024, 06:55   #14367
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Not exactly today, but about 3 weeks ago, I finally got my V reg painted after the major sill surgery I covered in an earlier post. The 1st body shop I took it to in December 2022, said itÂ’ll be done the 1st week in January, it sat there until August, totally untouched. I then tried another couple of places who just didnÂ’t seem interested. In the end a friend of mine who runs a vehicle movement company got his man to do it. It since sailed through an MOT & has been in use every day since.

2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 22:25   #14368
ScreamingLordStokes

Rover 75 Saloon

Great job, glad you found someone to paint it at last. Is that Arden Green metallic by any chance?
It is odd when these places don't seem to want the work isn't it? Although I think a lot of body shops concentrate on doing insurance work and don't have time for anything else.
ScreamingLordStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2024, 05:16   #14369
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingLordStokes View Post
Great job, glad you found someone to paint it at last. Is that Arden Green metallic by any chance?
It is odd when these places don't seem to want the work isn't it? Although I think a lot of body shops concentrate on doing insurance work and don't have time for anything else.
It’s really smartened it up, to be honest though there’s not a panel on the car that doesn’t really need attention, next will be a replacement bonnet. But for now it’s smart & usable.
It is Arden yes, quite a nice colour when it’s clean. Looks great with the deep sea green interior I fitted.
I think you might be right, the trouble I found was they would be fully booked for the next 3 months “give me a ring then & see how we’re doing” I couldn’t seem to get through to them to add me in the queue otherwise it becomes another 3 months, then another.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2024, 17:22   #14370
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

A bit more done on the 1.8 today, new battery fitted, full service (the engine sounds lovely now)

Replaced the front brake pipes and flexis as the old pipes were seized solid.

Typically I thought I had new front discs, turns out they were rear ones! I now have two sets of rears and no fronts, ahh well...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk