Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2020, 22:01   #431
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Thumbs up

Not on my head Jon. I'm as pure as the driven snow.
Old 17th September 2020, 08:56   #432
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

I can't hear anything in this Batman suit.
Old 17th September 2020, 08:59   #433
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I can't hear anything in this Batman suit.

Beats going to the supermarket in a gimp mask I suppose !!
Old 17th September 2020, 10:11   #434
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
Beats going to the supermarket in a gimp mask I suppose !!
You could try one of these I suppose. Give somebody a LAFF.--

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIG grin..jpg (42.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 19th September 2020, 11:24   #435
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

It’s scary inside a smaller glass, looking at the world through a wraparound screen. The images start small and become frighteningly huge as they reach 12.00 0’clock. Tried it once and soon changed it for a big one.
Old 19th September 2020, 19:25   #436
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
It’s scary inside a smaller glass, looking at the world through a wraparound screen. The images start small and become frighteningly huge as they reach 12.00 0’clock. Tried it once and soon changed it for a big one.
Yes Ray I understand your point.---

A nice large glass works well.

In fact so well that it's been included in the smillies.-----

--------

Old 20th September 2020, 11:45   #437
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Apropos ‘what gets thrown at us’, and the reliability of disseminated wisdom from our elders and betters (?), I read today about two professors of medicine at Oxford University who have produced various figures adjusted for accuracy, and published.

Answering increasing clamour for truth and integrity, they give details of the death toll from Cov-19 compared to other causes. Cov-19 was at number 8 a month ago in the list of biggest killers for England. It is now 24th with an average of 11 deaths a day.

By comparison, 124 died each day from flu and pneumonia in the w/e 4/9. Bear in mind the suggestion, nay, firm belief, that deaths attributed to C0-19 were in fact caused by other diseases, these figures are stunningly at odds with official sources.

Heart disease comes in at 460 deaths every day last year on average with cancer at 450 a day. Is there no longer any room for a sense of proportion? Hyperbole is everywhere lately and should be called out whatever the source.
Old 20th September 2020, 14:52   #438
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

It's true RAY that Covid doesn't head the list, however if no precautions were taken it would quite quickly outnumber all the rest put together as it seems to be VERY infectious.

The figures you have quoted are roughly similar each year even though they are all out there for everyone to catch, they don't become pandemic. No special precautions are normally taken.

No precautions with this latest virus would, however, become disastrous very quickly.--

Old 20th September 2020, 16:15   #439
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

I've no doubt a widespread virus would have a widespread effect Jon, but my point was about the conflicting info from official sources and the difference between that info and other professional bodies who have no axes to grind.

I was however more concerned about the many other illnesses that have had to go untreated - even in the middle of critical timing of medical supervision.

Deaths are happening there too but do not figure in Co-19 tables - just the sources I mentioned. I have personal interest in this aspect and you cannot even get an appointment with the doctor, let alone entry into the surgery. If and when you gently insist, you get a locum miles away. By the way, the doctors new Range Rover is in the surgery car park along with the usual crop of official BMW's and Mercedes'.

The massive protectionism panic is out of order and non-virus complaints are being stored up to not only get worse but also cause unnecessary fatalities. We are being abandoned on a false premise. If you complain you are a troublemaking heartless loner with no sympathy for others - a hopeless position with no acceptable defence.

Of course we could always cancel the Sky account and go Bupa but that's rather beside the point.

I also worry about the descent into indignant social anger being used by deliberate troublemakers for political purposes - and getting away with it. This can only encourage more of the same in a variety of trumped-up fanatical outrages.
Old 21st September 2020, 07:25   #440
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

It should be rather clear by now to even the most pedestrian, that there is no alternative! Sweden was right, and they just did what everyone before have done. Live with it and carry on.
This time was just different for the rest of us because of unscientific, emotional and undereducated people were in charge and took orders from others than the electorate.
This is the first time we have had overall control nested in supernational bodies like WHO, IMF, WEF and others, including the UN.
And it has been an unmitigated disaster on every conceivable level.
They have managed to drag the event out to a slow motion train wreck, which is far from over. The financial implications will be with us for a very long time, so will our loss of freedom and liberty.
It just goes to show how tenuous our perceived freedoms are. So hard fought for, so easily thrown away.
I guess we deserve the leadership we have.

In that case we really have been paid in full!