Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2024, 22:59   #1
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

Default Mr. Bates v Post Office

Four parter starting on NYD - one part on eachh day or ITVX all together.
Can highly recommend it
Post Office Facebook https://www.facebook.com/postoffice/

Last edited by 2750 HP; 2nd January 2024 at 23:21..
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 07:24   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2750 HP View Post
Can highly recommend it

Agreed; it's very disturbing.

Simon
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:34   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

As someone who has had to fight the "County Council", I sympathise with anyone fighting the establishment. They settled out of court at the last minute but my mental and physical health was shattered by the experience. A colleague who took it "all the way" won 20 times more than I did for the same claim. I just couldn't hack any more hassle after two years of being "sent to Coventry", harassed, bullied, controlled and ignored by people who should have been looking after me in the first place. Soon after the claim was settled, my position (not me personally!!!) was made redundant! Within a couple of months, my old job (with a different title) was being done in the same room, doing the same things, with the same outcome!
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:20   #4
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2750 HP View Post
Four parter starting on NYD - one part on eachh day or ITVX all together.
Can highly recommend it
Post Office Facebook https://www.facebook.com/postoffice/
I notice it is not a state media production i.e. a BBC channel! Those shysters sure stick together ;-)

I donated to the crowdfunding project when this issue became obvious it was not a couple of bad apples (out of 46,000) and a massive miscarriage of justice was being perpetrated by two "not on my watch" entities (the Post Office and Fujitsu, aka ICL).

The magistrates and judges were out of their depth (they did not know about systems, their implementation and the maintenance of them) and the accused did not seek better lawyers. They never called expert witnesses who could have stated that the equipment installed by the PO (really by Fujitsu) could be controlled remotely and that no large application software is without "bugs". That is how IBM and Microsoft (amongst others) could install FixPaks remotely. What is a FixPak (IBM speak but MS has their version)? It addresses bugs, implements upgrades and installs new applets.

Looking forward to parts 3 and 4 but as far as I'm aware the issue is still not fully resolved. Why this Government has allowed this I do not know. I do know, however, that it is another fall in the standards, whether moral or legal of this country.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:25   #5
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
As someone who has had to fight the "County Council", I sympathise with anyone fighting the establishment. They settled out of court at the last minute but my mental and physical health was shattered by the experience. A colleague who took it "all the way" won 20 times more than I did for the same claim. I just couldn't hack any more hassle after two years of being "sent to Coventry", harassed, bullied, controlled and ignored by people who should have been looking after me in the first place. Soon after the claim was settled, my position (not me personally!!!) was made redundant! Within a couple of months, my old job (with a different title) was being done in the same room, doing the same things, with the same outcome!
I take it this is a "employment" issue by and with the CC and not the PO?

Again though, it boils down to people (often faceless) not having enough (any) moral fibre. These people have adopted the Global Company or entity shark attack. One's good name gone in an instance whilst theirs remain intact. We have been in a reversed virtual world since the 70's.
Kev
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:49   #6
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
I notice it is not a state media production i.e. a BBC channel! Those shysters sure stick together ;-)

Private Eye were writing about it 10 years ago. Great shame no press took it up seriously then.
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:58   #7
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Private Eye were writing about it 10 years ago. Great shame no press took it up seriously then.
Yeah, Private Eye have always been at the forefront of pointing to scandals. More power to the pen I say.
Kev
Old 7th January 2024, 18:37   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Have just started watching it on catch up. Both my wife and I feel sick to the core. I have been disgusted by the way the Post Masters have been treated for years. The way those in charge seem to stay quiet while the Post Masters suffer is outrageous.

I hope all get their convictions overturned and they and their families compensated. It will not make things right.
Those in charge should loose their jobs and any bonuses and pensions gained. I'd like to see them prosecuted and sent to jail.

I watch this guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmS3ACKobjc

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 7th January 2024 at 18:42..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 00:11   #9
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I’ve watched it and knew about it anyway, quite honestly you couldn’t make it up until you realise it’s a true story , hopefully things will gather enough momentum now to get these postmasters and postmistresses the justice they deserve and given the cover up by senior people in both the Post Office and Fujitsu heads should roll and some should be behind bars
But when does anyone at that senior level be held accountable for their actions, Paula Vennells was paid off with £400k and received a CBE and also walked into a top job with an NHS Trust after leaving the Post Office , it’s the same in government nobody carries the can for major NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- ups they just move to another top job , once you are in that club performance doesn’t matter and it seems that you are always looked after
If we never prosecute the real guilty then it will keep happening

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 07:41   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
I’ve watched it and knew about it anyway, quite honestly you couldn’t make it up until you realise it’s a true story , hopefully things will gather enough momentum now to get these postmasters and postmistresses the justice they deserve and given the cover up by senior people in both the Post Office and Fujitsu heads should roll and some should be behind bars
But when does anyone at that senior level be held accountable for their actions, Paula Vennells was paid off with £400k and received a CBE and also walked into a top job with an NHS Trust after leaving the Post Office , it’s the same in government nobody carries the can for major NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- ups they just move to another top job , once you are in that club performance doesn’t matter and it seems that you are always looked after
If we never prosecute the real guilty then it will keep happening

When companies are outed for such poor performances and disgusting activities, I do not understand why any company would then give people such as Paula Vennells a job. It cannot be a good reflection on the company.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote