Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th February 2019, 12:42   #461
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

That may be the registered info, but I wouldn't want to guess how much is true. If you compare some of the phone numbers you'll see a couple of unlikely combinations. The 902 area code is Nova Scotia, but the 809 area code is the Dominican Republic. Still, godaddy is a reputable website building company who may want to be informed if one of their customer's site is being used for fraudulent criminal activities.

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 15:07   #462
KimRG

Rover 75 V6 Tourer

I believe that the information listed is correct as my credit card let it slip that the transaction went through to Sydney in Canada. Unfortunately I have to wait a few more days before contacting them again and then they will raise a dispute case with them.

Also all those that have suffered financial loss should definitely contact Action Fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk . The more information they receive the better the chance of something being done!
KimRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 15:10   #463
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I am having difficulty getting my head round how action could be taken against a guy in Canada? Do you really think the Police have the time or resources to do this? I think Seans problems are more to do with bad customer service rather than fraud.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 15:58   #464
KimRG

Rover 75 V6 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
I am having difficulty getting my head round how action could be taken against a guy in Canada? Do you really think the Police have the time or resources to do this? I think Seans problems are more to do with bad customer service rather than fraud.
Sadly, if an item has been paid for and the goods are not received then this indeed fraud. If this is the case and you have paid by credit card you should be able to get your money back.

Poor customer service does happen within all businesses at some point in time, and this may well be the case, but a simple response to an email or phone call given reasons, such as ill health, currently out of stock would belay customers concerns. I have read earlier posts about how good Sean was in the earlier days hence why I placed an order. Having done some research I've come across a Facebook message from a person in Mexico not receiving his goods, so I'm obviously concerned
Old 18th February 2019, 16:05   #465
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:

Surely if a local police force becomes aware about someone in their locale who might be acting fraudulently in business dealings they would look into it whether the complaint / complaints come from abroad or from just down the road?
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 16:08   #466
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
I am having difficulty getting my head round how action could be taken against a guy in Canada?
This is a quote lifted from the Saracens Solicitors (London) website:

"The UK also has a number of reciprocal debt enforcement agreements with countries such as Canada, which makes it easy for creditors to recover their money."

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 16:15   #467
KimRG

Rover 75 V6 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
That may be the registered info, but I wouldn't want to guess how much is true. If you compare some of the phone numbers you'll see a couple of unlikely combinations. The 902 area code is Nova Scotia, but the 809 area code is the Dominican Republic. Still, godaddy is a reputable website building company who may want to be informed if one of their customer's site is being used for fraudulent criminal activities.
The address that I've listed is correct as he has also registered the business with the Alibaba.com

It may be worth a try emailing him through their site.

Last edited by KimRG; 18th February 2019 at 16:26.. Reason: missed wording
Old 18th February 2019, 16:17   #468
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Fantastic. How people come back to the ‘excuses ‘ page.
Old 18th February 2019, 16:44   #469
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Making claims to recover your money will depend on who/and how you paid. Those that paid for their goods direct via Radioguys website using their credit/debit card should be doing what Kim has done, file a claim with your card provider (even some debit cards offer a small amount of protection).

I understand for many members it may be too late to make such claims due to the amount of time that has lapsed, those that were made to wait, being fobbed off day by day/week by week/month by month will obviously suffer the most.

Did Radioguy accept Paypal payments on his website? If so how many members paid using PP, and were there any payments sent to the UK agents for orders placed?

If payments went direct to any of the UK agents, this is where to take action. I know its not a nice situation to go through, especially when the third-party agent is a fellow member. But to those that have offered a service here in the UK and have accepted money for goods or services, this is of course where the responsibility lies, the agent/individual will then need to take action against Radioguy to recover their losses.

The first question any member will get asked is to provide order details, so all those that placed orders direct on Radioguys online website should have received a order acknowledge email, this is an important piece of data because it forms part of the contract and outlines what the purchased goods are.

Depending on how you paid will make all the difference to where you make your report, reports to trading standards, CAB, Small Claims Court will only have interest in where you paid your money. Basically, your transactions will need to have direct contact with Radioguys website to be able to take action again Sean/Joe or whatever his name is.

As Radioguy was active on several other forums, were the three UK agents Jeff, Rob and Tony sending out orders to all those members, or were there other third-party agents involved?

Last edited by Dallas; 18th February 2019 at 17:03..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 16:54   #470
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

588 ROTARY DRIVE
Registrant Street: SYDNEY NOVA SCOTIA

Just tried this address on Google Earth-----------------( G.E. can't find it. -- )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote