Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2019, 19:00   #9991
P-Nut
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

I tried to fix my headlight shining into the air issue, it seems the plastic cog has perished and it's totally ineffective, will have to take it out at some point.
Old 21st March 2019, 20:11   #9992
Eddy600
Avid contributor

Rover, MG

Not a good day at all my diesel's clutch has started slipping after 2 years and less then 20000 miles add that to the snapped rear springs and leaking dampers, then to top it off somebody has clipped my parked car and driven off leaving me the repair bill
upload
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 20:45   #9993
P-Nut
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

God damn that is some awful luck
Old 21st March 2019, 21:03   #9994
marinabrian
Baculum Magicum

A few too many

Thanked 7,952 Times in 4,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy600 View Post
Not a good day at all my diesel's clutch has started slipping after 2 years and less then 20000 miles add that to the snapped rear springs and leaking dampers, then to top it off somebody has clipped my parked car and driven off leaving me the repair bill
upload
Who fitted that clutch for you? I'm betting a pound to a pinch of salt, the input shaft splines will be rusty as can be, causing the clutch not to disengage correctly.

Most of the scuffing should polish out, or at least look a bit better, and another mirror sourced.

What a sickener though

Brian
Old 21st March 2019, 21:37   #9995
trikey
Premium Trader

T4

Thanked 7,096 Times in 4,272 Posts

Oh dear that is terrible, any cctv in the area to try and get a reg no?
Old 21st March 2019, 21:40   #9996
bl52krz
Nil Desperandum

Rover 75 cdt club

Thanked 1,215 Times in 969 Posts

Is that a white van man scrunch?
Old 21st March 2019, 22:29   #9997
Eddy600
Avid contributor

Rover, MG

I fitted the clutch so only myself to blame the kit was a borg and beck one and the input shaft was greased with the supplied sachet will just suffer it until it gets undriveable, I'm currently in Filey with the kids a friend is looking after the pooch and sent me the photo, I am back home tomorrow so can test out my new polisher see what it's like after and speak with neighbours see if anything was seen, just definitely put a downer on the last night another job I didn't need to add to the list
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 22:49   #9998
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Is that a white van man scrunch?
Couple of years ago, one of my least favourite group of road users, the drivers of light Vans, I thought their standard of driving could not possibly get worse. I was wrong. It has progressively worsened.

Today I took some bare Alloy Wheels up to Birmingham to get them refurbished in silver along with five metal coolant pipes and engine mounts to also get powder coated in black gloss.

I set up my cheap Car Cam as I usually do for the trip and I saw several instances of poor and selfish driving by too many light commercial van drivers.... all recorded on the mini/micro memory card. I viewed some of the footage and was very pleased at how good the pictures were. This cheap set-up just as good as the more expensive one I've been using for years.

Until a few years ago, I never felt a car camera would be necessary. Not now, I believe essential including one out the rear screen for those pesky "Tail Gaters" dangerously too close to my boot and yes, guess the colour of those Vans... got it in one!

Some of the extensive roadworks speed restrictions on the M5 in the Birmingham area were as low as 30 mph for miles. Deep joy negotiating those narrowed lanes with Monster six axle artics trying to maintain over 50 mph even in those lower speed restricted area. Far too close for comfort. If you drop back to avoid, they sit on your boot too!

Far too many folks stressed up to the eyeballs chasing money on our roads today. Another fatality on the M5 apparently.... RIP ...

Plus removing the hard shoulders in the area is a real master stroke...