Old 14th March 2019, 03:50   #145321
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
That could prove useful!

Its not a headache Phil, just trouble sleeping which is a known post concussion problem. There's no hard and fast schedule as to how long it lasts etc, lasts as long as it lasts. I spoke to one of the GPs in the practice, sending a prescription for Amitriptyline to the chemist. I was given them when I had big problems with my shoulder, didn't help with the shoulder but did make me sleep

When I started on the railway there was a driver restricted to shed duties and someone with him because he had narcolepsy, would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. He could fall asleep in the middle of a sentence, wake up 15-20 minutes later and carry on where he left off!
Good morning Steve, when I worked in forensic psychiatry, sometimes we would get a referral to assess in cases of post traumatic concussion or compensation neurosis. Often the sufferer would report sleep disturbances, chronic headaches, irritability, moaning and whinging about almost everything etc, Cognitive behavioral therapy and psychology input often worked. All the best with the Amitriptyline, I hope it helps.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 04:05   #145322
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Good morning folks, a blustery start to the day, my up and over garage covering the Black Pearl seems to be surviving okay, got to go nosh shopping this morning, will take Oliver for a run out.

Rev
Good morning Dawn and Julien,

Welcome back from your holiday in the sun. Where are you off to next? Roll on the summer and the longer days of sunlight, balmy hot evenings I am back in the UK on 5 July. Hopefully Brexit will be done and dusted by then The airline has changed my flight to a later time, so I am staying in a nice hotel for the night at Heathrow and Peter is going to collect me in the morning so I can pick my V6 from Andy’s. Hopefully there will be time for the 3 of us to go out for a lunch. Jessica arrives a week later

Have a great day
Old 14th March 2019, 06:27   #145323
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning Phil and fellow followers.

It is windy and raining this morning.

Allen and I brought a load of 1.8t spares back from Matt’s yesterday, all for Banana when needed.
So the shed has to be cleared so that I store everything away for now. The engine will be collected and ferried up to Mike Stafford for it’s strip down and rebuild. But Mike will be holding onto the engine, he has better storage than me.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 06:57   #145324
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning everyone, It was another wild night with driving rain, still raining & blustery.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 07:10   #145325
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning Gents, blowy and raining here this morning, a cup of vending machine coffee here at work before I start!

Mmm tasty!
Old 14th March 2019, 07:21   #145326
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning, had a good day yesterday, cleaned a tea stain from a carpet for someone, then cleaned the seats on one of the coaches at work,then did a private hire job. Back to reality today.It was meant to rain today, but it’s bright and sunny, worse luck, so no rest yet again.

Last edited by RPWC; 14th March 2019 at 07:24..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 07:53   #145327
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Dawn and Julien,

Welcome back from your holiday in the sun. Where are you off to next? Roll on the summer and the longer days of sunlight, balmy hot evenings I am back in the UK on 5 July. Hopefully Brexit will be done and dusted by then The airline has changed my flight to a later time, so I am staying in a nice hotel for the night at Heathrow and Peter is going to collect me in the morning so I can pick my V6 from Andy’s. Hopefully there will be time for the 3 of us to go out for a lunch. Jessica arrives a week later

Have a great day
Good morning Phil and Jessica, and all you other good people, it is quite bright here at the moment with just a few fluffy clouds going over.
Our next holiday could be Cyprus in October as Dawn doesn't like hot sun she burns too easily, roll on next week for Yeovil picking Lilian up on the way down and lets be lucky with the weather.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 09:03   #145328
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Good morning Phil and Jessica, and all you other good people, it is quite bright here at the moment with just a few fluffy clouds going over.
Our next holiday could be Cyprus in October as Dawn doesn't like hot sun she burns too easily, roll on next week for Yeovil picking Lilian up on the way down and lets be lucky with the weather.

Rev
Good morning Dawn and Julien, please send our best to Lilian when you see her. I have mixed memories of Cyprus - Paphos. I did a trip around the bay in a parachute and was released over the beach. It was great fun and I can recommend it..... white socks and sandals optional

Old 14th March 2019, 09:38   #145329
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Morning Gents, blowy and raining here this morning, a cup of vending machine coffee here at work before I start!

Mmm tasty!

You're a brave man Andy suppin' that.

Big pack of chicken thighs in the slow cooker with veggies/bell peppers/onion and a Moroccan tagine spice mix with some plain rice to go with it for tea.

Smells bloomin' good if I say so meself, just hope it's not firey!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 09:52   #145330
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Well, looks like its happening, adopting Maya's sister Pandora. Spoke to my friend last night, her infant son's diabetes and her 3 year old are taking up so much of her time she just can't give the dogs the time they deserve. She's keeping Maya's mother (Shih Tzu), selling the boxer pup and giving me Pandora. She had her advertised for a while but has had enough of time wasters and people making insultingly low ball offers. She knows Pandora will be looked after, Suzy and Pops will instil some discipline as well

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote