Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2019, 12:37   #161
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Has anyone tried a TENS machine (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) to relieve pain?

I wonder will it work on ones nuts?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 13:06   #162
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Has anyone tried a TENS machine (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) to relieve pain?

I wonder will it work on ones nuts?

I have one and can see how one might work to take your mind off another pain. I would not suggest connecting one to your nuts though

They give mild electrical shock between two or more conductive pads. Intensity and shock pattern can be varied, some include heating as well.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 13:46   #163
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have one and can see how one might work to take your mind off another pain. I would not suggest connecting one to your nuts though

They give mild electrical shock between two or more conductive pads. Intensity and shock pattern can be varied, some include heating as well.

Lol, It is tempting to try it though Harry, but I hear what you say, it may not be such a good idea.
Old 7th May 2019, 14:42   #164
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

You will get a lot more pleasure out of the machine if you attach them to your nipples, that will take your mind off of the testicle pain Simples!!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 17:19   #165
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

You will get a lot more pleasure out of the machine if you attach them to your nipples, that will take your mind off of the testicle pain Simples!!

Rev
Lol, Have you tried it then Rev.

I stupidly tried some Deep Heat cream recently, blooming heck! never again will I do such a daft thing.
Old 25th June 2019, 15:00   #166
Dallas
This is my second home

Doesn't time fly...

I'm in for a nerve block on Thursday, I'm crapping myself to be honest.

So who wants to go in my place?
Old 25th June 2019, 21:26   #167
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I've never criticised the NHS before but I am getting seriously pee'd off with the GI unit at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary! Due to a "marker" found in a routine blood test its reckoned I have a potentially serious liver condition but all the tests for the condition they've done have been inconclusive, potentially serious condition yet they keep putting my appointments back! They decided a liver biopsy was needed but cocked that up as well, didn't advise me to stop taking aspirin a week before the procedure! Got the biopsy at the 2nd attempt, "you'll be advised in writing in a few weeks". Nothing appeared but I had an appointment coming up anyway, went to the outpatient's department for the appointment only to be told there wasn't a GI clinic on that day, I should have had a letter saying the appointment was being put back til October!

Going to have to chase them up to find out what's going on, I've got the biopsy result swinging over my head like the Sword Of Damocles! Been told the fact they don't want to see me urgently probably means its alright . . . . with the apparent level of incompetence it does nothing to reassure me!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 22:12   #168
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I've never criticised the NHS before but I am getting seriously pee'd off with the GI unit at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary! Due to a "marker" found in a routine blood test its reckoned I have a potentially serious liver condition but all the tests for the condition they've done have been inconclusive, potentially serious condition yet they keep putting my appointments back! They decided a liver biopsy was needed but cocked that up as well, didn't advise me to stop taking aspirin a week before the procedure! Got the biopsy at the 2nd attempt, "you'll be advised in writing in a few weeks". Nothing appeared but I had an appointment coming up anyway, went to the outpatient's department for the appointment only to be told there wasn't a GI clinic on that day, I should have had a letter saying the appointment was being put back til October!

Going to have to chase them up to find out what's going on, I've got the biopsy result swinging over my head like the Sword Of Damocles! Been told the fact they don't want to see me urgently probably means its alright . . . . with the apparent level of incompetence it does nothing to reassure me!
I know what you mean Steve, I could say I've only been waiting 12 years for this nerve block, its been along time coming. Its pretty obvious they only gave me this appointment due to me recently kicking up a fuss, I find if you are not at deaths door, then they don't want to know.

I hope you get sorted Steve.

My father in law was recently diagnosed with mouth cancer just two weeks ago, he went in today for an operation which is scheduled for one day this week. Its going to be a nine hour operation, and there is no set day as yet.

Last edited by Dallas; 26th June 2019 at 07:39..
Old 26th June 2019, 06:48   #169
Dallas
This is my second home

Thanks Clive, he's an old army boy, tough as an old pair of boots, we are all hoping he gets through it.

He blames himself, been a smoker all his life and now gets diagnosed with tongue cancer. I knew something was up back in March, as he didn't look himself, he looked I'll.

Lets just hope the doctors can work their magic.
Old 26th June 2019, 07:38   #170
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I've never criticised the NHS before but I am getting seriously pee'd off with the GI unit at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary! Due to a "marker" found in a routine blood test its reckoned I have a potentially serious liver condition but all the tests for the condition they've done have been inconclusive, potentially serious condition yet they keep putting my appointments back! They decided a liver biopsy was needed but cocked that up as well, didn't advise me to stop taking aspirin a week before the procedure! Got the biopsy at the 2nd attempt, "you'll be advised in writing in a few weeks".

Throughout my issues, I have found myself having to do a bit of 'supervision' of the processes and my own care to some extent. A question was asked by GP for an opinion from the gastro consultant, if I could restart aspirin for my BP. A letter came back approving it, but I had to remind them to put them on prescription, yesterday.

I was told to double up on my 5mg Ramipril, they added 10mg to my prescription, but still left the 5mg on for renewal. I had to tell them to delete the 5mg yesterday.

When first began taking pills, I assumed they would prescribe no more than I was due to actually need - that if I collected all that were offered, I would not have more in stock than needed, but I found myself over stocked with meds. I'm having to ignore renewals, to reduce my in house stock. For instance - They issued a months worth of 10mg Ramipril just last week, to see how I got on with a doubled up dose. Yesterday they then issued me with a two months supply.

Such a waste of expensive meds, if I were to put the orders through, so I now only order when I know my stock is running low.

My kidney biopsy was quite slick..

USS, consultation, the actual biopsy, then a long wait for a letter to go back for the result. All done as per scheduled, except they found nothing, so next on the list is an MRI of my kidneys. For the actual biopsy, I was asked to be there early, 8am and I was on the table at around 9am. All done in 30 minutes, then kept on a bed for the rest of the day to recover. As it was such an early start, they agreed to send a taxi to collect me for the op. As the weeks passed, waiting for the biopsy result, because they hadn't contacted me, I assumed they hadn't found anything - the second consultation then later confirmed it and suggested the MRI.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote