Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th October 2012, 18:21   #1
smoogle
Loves to post

2004 "54" MG TF

Default ZT CDTi with a couple of niggles/worries :(

Hi All,

I have had a ZT CDTi for about 2 weeks now.
When I first got it, it felt flat and down on power.

I cleaned the EGR valve, gave it an Oil Change, cleaned the PCV and replaced the Intercooled O-Rings with an upgraded pair.

That solved the fault of it being a bit flat and down on power.

I have noticed that my engine light never lights up, on most cars, it lights up on ignition and for a couple of seconds after the engine has started but mine never lights up.... Is that normal?

In the fuse box, there is space for 4 engine managment fuses but I only have 2 (I am not sure if this car has blanks for different spec models).
I have put fuses into the blanks (using the same rating fuses it says on the lid) and still no engine light appears.

Also, through the lower gears when accelerating up to speed there is a vibration through the engine and in turn the cabin between about 1800 - 2200 revs... Some people have pointed out that it may be the lower engine mount that has worn. Is that a symptom of that on this car, or are there other things I should be looking at?

Other than that, the car drives fine. No smoke, power delivery is smooth, turbo whistles as it should.

Any ideas appreicated!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by smoogle; 26th October 2012 at 18:38..
smoogle is offline   Reply With Quote