Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th January 2022, 21:11   #21
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
I need to do this to mine. I presume the door switch just pops out with a screwdriver? Where's best to insert it?
I normally start at the bottom and carefully move round the edge, easing it up 'til it pops out. Disconnect the wiring, and take the switchpack indoors.

From memory there are small plastic 'tangs' around the casing which can be carefully lifted to separate the unit
Old 28th January 2022, 21:19   #22
Bazzateer

Got my switches working the other day. Pops out in seconds and the clean up took about 5 mins. All done and back in the car and working. Took about 15 mins altogether.
Old 29th January 2022, 15:01   #23
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of this, I did this job this afternoon and it took about 30 minutes. The only thing I would add to the excellent "How To" is that I have the facelift 75 and Mike wrote "Note I removed all 12 clips (six lower and six upper) but this is not necessary for this work – just remove the six upper clips" and also "3. Lift the switch unit housing out and put to one side" but on mine the switch unit housing did not lift out but was held in place by the six lower clips so these too needed to be removed. No big deal but it puzzled me for a brief moment.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2022, 17:30   #24
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of this, I did this job this afternoon and it took about 30 minutes. The only thing I would add to the excellent "How To" is that I have the facelift 75 and Mike wrote "Note I removed all 12 clips (six lower and six upper) but this is not necessary for this work – just remove the six upper clips" and also "3. Lift the switch unit housing out and put to one side" but on mine the switch unit housing did not lift out but was held in place by the six lower clips so these too needed to be removed. No big deal but it puzzled me for a brief moment.
Always satisfying when you do these little jobs yourself 😎 well done

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote