Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2020, 15:36   #21
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Spotted my first one in Boro today. Whizzing along on the pavement of course, the rider with headphones and shades on. It's just a matter of time...
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2020, 18:21   #22
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Why don't they modify the standing plate to make it a wee bit wider? OK, you still want to go round corners without scraping the road, but surely a bit wider platform means you can comfortably accommodate both feet...?
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2020, 20:43   #23
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
Spotted my first one in Boro today. Whizzing along on the pavement of course, the rider with headphones and shades on. It's just a matter of time...
Shades on with all that smog about!!
Old 14th July 2020, 07:35   #24
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
It's ridiculous.

You don't need a licence or insurance for electric bicycles.
Not quite the case. Provided your bike’s electric assist is limited to 15.7 MPH before it cuts out, no licence or insurance required. Speed pedelecs (more powerful with regulated top speeds of 28MPH) require these (and an MoT after 3 years) and I think a CBT. These top speeds apply to powered assistance by the way. There’s nothing to stop you pedalling downhill at 30 MPH in a 20MPH zone in a standard pedelec without fear of being fined while being caught in a speed pedelec doing so (no motor assist at that speed) is liable to a fine and penalty points. Because they’re classified as motor vehicles, speed pedelecs are also excluded from cycle paths and lanes. Not surprising that in my cycling hundreds of miles on my modestly powered standard pedelec, I have yet to come across one!
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2020, 10:06   #25
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

The escooter that passed me last week was doing well over 30 mph. No crash helmet and shorts with T shirt.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2020, 14:42   #26
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Ive been thinking of buying one of these kits to put on a mountain bike, just for the fun of building it really, they'd probably be illegal to use just about everywhere other than totally private land.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80cc-Moto...UAAOSwWkpdfycK
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 12:42   #27
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty2 View Post
Not quite the case. Provided your bike’s electric assist is limited to 15.7 MPH before it cuts out, no licence or insurance required. Speed pedelecs (more powerful with regulated top speeds of 28MPH) require these (and an MoT after 3 years) and I think a CBT. These top speeds apply to powered assistance by the way. There’s nothing to stop you pedalling downhill at 30 MPH in a 20MPH zone in a standard pedelec without fear of being fined while being caught in a speed pedelec doing so (no motor assist at that speed) is liable to a fine and penalty points. Because they’re classified as motor vehicles, speed pedelecs are also excluded from cycle paths and lanes. Not surprising that in my cycling hundreds of miles on my modestly powered standard pedelec, I have yet to come across one!
I wouldn't ride a bicycle of any type these days.

But a power assisted bike years ago would have been very handy with the amount of pesky hills, would have made life so much easier.

I remember when myself and my friend were stopped by Police for overtaking a Police Car going down down Telegraph Hill (dual carriageway), apparently we were doing close to 80mph.
Didn't have helmets on, they didn't exist then.
Frightening prospect these days, I wouldn't do it.

That was 43 years ago, I was 15.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 14:45   #28
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Well, that didn't take long. Today's local paper headlining with, "stupid", ride e-scooters along the A19, riders not wearing helmets.

For those not familiar with the A19, it is the main trunk road through Teesside from the North, to the South. It is an extremely busy dual carriageway, often with close to gridlock at peak times.

Absolute insanity, what are those kids thinking of ? Hmm, thinking on...they don't think. If ever Hari-Kari is your wish, the A19 is the place to do it.

If ever a pilot scheme was in the wrong place, at the wrong time.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 18:48   #29
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Ive been thinking of buying one of these kits to put on a mountain bike, just for the fun of building it really, they'd probably be illegal to use just about everywhere other than totally private land.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80cc-Moto...UAAOSwWkpdfycK

that would make it a motorcycle. Officially (unless you already have an A1, A2, or A classification without restriction on your licence ) you'll need to do a CBT course before being allowed on the road. But you'll also need to put it through SVA to register it, pay road tax, get insurance (good luck with that one!).

Not that it stops anyone from whizzing up the high street in the middle of the night with zero lights on at over 30mph on one of these death trap conversions.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2020, 12:04   #30
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
that would make it a motorcycle. Officially (unless you already have an A1, A2, or A classification without restriction on your licence ) you'll need to do a CBT course before being allowed on the road. But you'll also need to put it through SVA to register it, pay road tax, get insurance (good luck with that one!).

Not that it stops anyone from whizzing up the high street in the middle of the night with zero lights on at over 30mph on one of these death trap conversions.
I have had a full motorcycle licence for nearly 30 years!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote