Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th March 2021, 16:03   #71
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Everything is labelled 'unprecedented' these days, it is a great way to justify any decision made by those who are in a position to make these decisions, and by those who are in no position to do anything about these decisions.

Are they going to ban buses, emergency vehicles, delivery vehicles etc.
I myself think that exhaust emissions are responsible for serious health problems and I can follow the logic behind the ban, however it may well have the effect of further putting the final nails into the coffin that most city centres have become, time will tell, after all we are living in unprecedented times, I am not sure what that really means?.

Truck manufacturers are running around like headless chickens at present as HGV's/Delivery vehicles are going to come under the same emission standards as ICE cars from 2025 & are legally bound to reduce emissions by 25% in 2025 & a further 30% by 2030 I wonder how much the cost of goods will go up. https://www.hgvuk.com/agreement-on-c...s-cut-on-hgvs/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 01:31   #72
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Well, with 3,750 new houses on Stanton Cross and 4,000 on Glenvale Park I suspect it was forward planning!
That new roundabout on the road between Wellingborough and Finedon caught me out a couple of nights ago, not been that way for ages and suddenly came across a big roundabout on what used to be quite a nice stretch of road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Lots of people are planning to do that. I wonder what the increase in traffic across the suspension bridge will be.

We can’t avoid it.

£108 per week.
Thats a lot per week! He seems to think he can go as far as Lawrence Hill, then over to Cotham, and drop down in to Clifton, but he's not sure. The permit parking already winds him up at work, has to pay for a permit, but still struggles to find anywhere nearby to park! Do you still have to pay for the suspension bridge? I've not been into Bristol for almost 10 years now.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 08:01   #73
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I would suspect that you still have to pay to go over the bridge, it only seems to be Scotland that’s removing bridge tolls.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 08:40   #74
Thunderbolt
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
That new roundabout on the road between Wellingborough and Finedon caught me out a couple of nights ago, not been that way for ages and suddenly came across a big roundabout on what used to be quite a nice stretch of road!

Thats a lot per week! He seems to think he can go as far as Lawrence Hill, then over to Cotham, and drop down in to Clifton, but he's not sure. The permit parking already winds him up at work, has to pay for a permit, but still struggles to find anywhere nearby to park! Do you still have to pay for the suspension bridge? I've not been into Bristol for almost 10 years now.
Yes £1 each way.
Old 5th March 2021, 09:12   #75
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Yes £1 each way.

I read yesterday that the old Runcorn-Widnes bridge has just reopened after three years maintenance & that's now a toll bridge like the new one You'll need to register if you're going that way.

Old 5th March 2021, 10:39   #76
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
You were lucky you only found it then - the road has been closed (for 2 days they said) since mid December!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 21:14   #77
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I see Bristol City Council have agreed it's final proposals for a CAZ & submitted them to government today.

The last proposal was going to be a class C CAZ which excluded cars but the city has decided to implement a Class D CAZ, which will require drivers of all older, non-compliant, vehicles to pay a daily fee to enter the zone. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/env...arges-for-cars
A Cat D CAZ would be bad news if it’s granted as both my petrol K-Series MG-R’s would attract a charge (checked against the similar Birmingham CAZ).

For my family it would be an occasional inconvenience as we live and work out of the proposed CAZ, as go into Bristol for shopping, recreation or access to transport hubs. It would probably result in us keeping away or buying another newer car. We have 2 cars with 4, sometimes 5, qualified drivers in the house.
Old 5th March 2021, 21:17   #78
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
This will cost my family £90 + per week, or we buy two new cars.

Wife’s route to work goes straight through the zone, or she goes round and moves the alleged pollution to another Bristol area.

I take our youngest, who has special educational needs and medical needs, to school in the area and the children’s hospital in the zone.
He has extra curricular activities at the weekend too so that’s another £18.

£108 per week.
Bad luck, you have my sympathy.
Old 5th March 2021, 21:29   #79
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
A Cat D CAZ would be bad news if it’s granted as both my petrol K-Series MG-R’s would attract a charge (checked against the similar Birmingham CAZ).

For my family it would be an occasional inconvenience as we live and work out of the proposed CAZ, as go into Bristol for shopping, recreation or access to transport hubs. It would probably result in us keeping away or buying another newer car. We have 2 cars with 4, sometimes 5, qualified drivers in the house.

Just been reading about a probable reason why the government have told local authorities to implement a class D CAZ!, Clientearth have got on their case again & threatened court action https://airqualitynews.com/2021/03/0...pollution-law/

Old 5th March 2021, 21:45   #80
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Just been reading about a probable reason why the government have told local authorities to implement a class D CAZ!, Clientearth have got on their case again & threatened court action https://airqualitynews.com/2021/03/0...pollution-law/
I would imagine most of the EU countries have exceeded the limits. It’s just that the UK beats itself up about these things,

whereas others just shrug and ignore.