Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Zed The Ted on Tour
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2009, 10:50   #21
calysto
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8T Saloon

Default Fred's trip to Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
Hi glad you found it.

Yes we've been to the North too. Spent a couple of weeks in Gdansk (Oliwa) and also went to Hel and further east. Saw Malbork but didn't call in. Planning to go back that way. Really enjoyed Slawiniski park on the Baltic coast.

We've been to Solina too, as one year we stayed in Premszyl, right by the Ukraine border. They aren't used to the English and we got a very odd look when we asked for 'herbata zmlekem' (tea with milk for anyone wondering).

We've also been to Wroclaw a few years ago.

Sorry to say our 75 didn't come to Poland. Most times we hire a car, one year we did drive but we didn't have our 75 then.

Fred didn't go to the salt mine, as we'd been a couple of times before. He didn't visit Oswiecim either as we thought it might upset him.

And sorry if my spelling is not so good!

For the person asking why Bjorn didn't pay and turn red. I'm afraid he rather upset the mods and got himself banned (he was breaking the rules so it was quite justified). That's why he hasn't posted for a while!
Hello lowedb!
Indeed it's a pitty you had to have a car from the car rental, however overtaking is safer when the driver's seat is on the left in the right hand traffic. You've been to quite a number of places and it seems to me, you've travelled across Poland from the south to the north. This September I also spent a week or so close to the Hel peninsula, but stayed near Władysławowo.
Your spelling doesn't cause any problems to me, because spelling is one thing and pronunciation- another. I know that "herbata z mlekiem" is not common at all as we drink tea with a slice of lemon, however it's known as "bawarka" and is mainly drunk by breast feeding women (it is to prevent colic - Woodward's Gripe Water was not available in the past). It is probably a German borrowing, as bawarka (pronounced with v) refers to Bavaria (Bayern in German).
If you like national parks, there is one by the boarder with Belorussia - Białowieski Park Narodowy - it's the only natural forest in Europe where the allegedly extinct European bisons still live at large.
Another park not far away from the Wolinsnki PN is also worth visiting - The Słowiński Park Narodowy for its exceptional sand dunes (the town nearby is Łeba).
I've noticed that there is a thread with pictures - I will upload some as photography is my hobby or I could even call it a kind of addiction.

Kind regards,

Waldek
Closed Thread