Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2013, 17:10   #1
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Default E46 M3 head unit

Hi guys, I would like to fit a BMW e46 M3 2004 widescreen H/U into my ZT 260 se 2005 which is fitted with the small screen H/U. What would i need from the M3 to make it work ? Dont want to fit one of the chinese units as i think they are over rated and not reliable so just want to upgrade to widescreen.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:27   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

You will also need the 16:9 tuner in the boot, around £80 when i bought mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-e39-e4...item4d0f5d0400

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 26th August 2013 at 17:31..
Old 26th August 2013, 17:47   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Hi guys, I would like to fit a BMW e46 M3 2004 widescreen H/U into my ZT 260 se 2005 which is fitted with the small screen H/U. What would i need from the M3 to make it work ? Dont want to fit one of the chinese units as i think they are over rated and not reliable so just want to upgrade to widescreen.
Hi 190SETOURING

Sorry I have to make my opinion known here too. (based on 4 years experience with these. )
It is not the uits that are bad its the service and support as many people buy and save the 10% direct from China.

I have 1012 Units out there sold by myself as of today
We have had 8 units which we returned to China over the last year.

I think we rival about any manufacturer out there with those numbers

As far as over rated , beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
Good luck with your unit

Best regards

Sean
Old 26th August 2013, 17:52   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi 190SETOURING

Sorry I have to make my opinion known here too. (based on 4 years experience with these. )
It is not the uits that are bad its the service and support as many people buy and save the 10% direct from China.

Good luck with your unit

Best regards

Sean
I would second that as well!
Which is why I don't have a BMW unit in my car
Old 26th August 2013, 18:31   #5
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

[QUOTE=Radioguy;1398936]Hi 190SETOURING

Good luck with your unit

I understand you are protecting your product but in MY opinion (having had both your units and the bmw ones) i feel the bmw unit is a much simpler and better built unit and will out last the chinese ones. I can see the attraction of your units as they offer some very modern features and nice graphics but the over complicated display and poor reliability (not doing what its ment to do but what it wants!)is just not for me. Sorry if i upset anybody.
Old 26th August 2013, 18:42   #6
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

[QUOTE=190SETOURING;1398974]
Quote:
Hi 190SETOURING

I understand you are protecting your product but in MY opinion (having had both your units and the bmw ones) i feel the bmw unit is a much simpler and better built unit and will out last the chinese ones. I can see the attraction of your units as they offer some very modern features and nice graphics but the over complicated display and poor reliability (not doing what its ment to do but what it wants!)is just not for me. Sorry if i upset anybody.
Don't apologise as you are as much entitled to your opinion as anyone. I agree with you, although I think Jeff has pulled the systems out of a few holes. I wont voice my full opinion as it gets certain peoples backs up and they take it personally.
Old 26th August 2013, 20:50   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

[QUOTE=190SETOURING;1398974]
Quote:
Hi 190SETOURING

Good luck with your unit

hi , No , I Know , as Alan_G says you have no reason to apologize, , I respect your opinion ! Just, as you say , I was voicing mine. the thread could get filled with 100's of satisfied customers. Like any manufacturer of Electronics , there are issues at times and we deal with them. And Probanly a few disappointed ones as well.

Here is a review of a PIONEER head Unit i Found on one quick search
you could easily find that with any head unit. Phone, Pad , Computer.

What's great about it: Screen size, Picture Quality
What's not so great: Will not work with Galaxy s3
After buying all the proper cables and all the accessories needed for the proper install I set out to install my new Stereo/dvd/appradio! After a couple hours of installation I power up my new device only to come to realize that it is not compatible with the Galaxy s3 (the most popular android phone on the market). What is more disappointing is the lack of knowledge or care I received when making the purchase. I spoke with the "installation expert" and told him I had a s3 and he made no mention of it not working with my phone. I will now spend several hours disconnecting and cutting wires (i soldered all wires together) to return to the store. Not only does it not work with my phone but the gps will not work unless it is connected to a "working" phone! Over all soo disappointed with this product that I was soo excited to install in my car!
This product has...
Old 26th August 2013, 20:56   #8
Radioguy
Banned

None

[QUOTE=Alan_G;1398987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post

Don't apologise as you are as much entitled to your opinion as anyone. I agree with you, although I think Jeff has pulled the systems out of a few holes. I wont voice my full opinion as it gets certain peoples backs up and they take it personally.
Hi Alan

Jeff has repaired a few but not as many as you "insinuate" I know , because I PAY him for his services. He will attest to this as well. If you have an issue with yours Alan , why don't you send it to us ? Thats what we do. And thats what makes us different , Send out a Major brand or the BMW unit referenced in this thread and don't you think it would be less personal service and alot more time?

And Stick to the warranty , and You pay shipping and no service and can you trade up with the units to the factories?

If it is my back that you are referring to, and i don't know if it is, it doesn't bother me at all that you voice your opinion. We give a great product, a great after sale service and have 100's and 100's of happy customers here on the club.
Cheers
Old 26th August 2013, 21:22   #9
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post

I think Jeff has pulled the systems out of a few holes.
Quote:

Hi Alan

Jeff has repaired a few but not as many as you "insinuate"
I think you just proved my earlier point, I refer to the word "few"

Last edited by Alan_G; 26th August 2013 at 21:25..
Old 27th August 2013, 07:00   #10
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Just to step in quickly on the notion of reliability etc
Our company have been servicing and repairing audio equipment for over thirty five years now.
This ranges from car ice, domestic audio and professional PA product.
I have found the double din units no less reliable than some much larger 'big brand' names.
For instance, back when 'after market' single din head units ruled the roost.
Without doubt Kenwood Mask head units, I saw at least two a week come in for repair. Be it the motorised or manual version they all after a while broke the flat ribbon cable which powered the front panel.
When I say all, I mean all.
Every last one we ever sold came back for a repair
Moving onto domestic equipment, try and find anyone who has not had a power supply failure on any brand of Dvd or Hard Drive recorder at some stage of ownership!
I see about five a week including Panasonic's, Samsung's, Sony's, Humax etc
We won't even mention Sky Plus Hd boxes

The other thing is in most cases we can effect a repair on these unlike oem products that most companies 'ours included' will not look at due to no availability of spares or service information!