Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th August 2017, 18:33   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default Lock not responding

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem.
I removed the exhaust system and the lambda sensor. Gonna replace them the coming days.
But when I walked away the car, it woudnt lock anymore. When I press the remote, the light flash 3 times but the doors stay unlocked. The car is still on the ramp, but that has never been a problem.
When I put the key in, everything works, but it won't start (possibly because the lambda sensor and exhaust is off??)

Any clue what could be the problem?
Old 26th August 2017, 05:32   #2
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

So far I found a few possible solutions:

- disconnect the battery and leave for a few hours, then connect and try again

- check all fuses, also the ones under the bonnet

- try to re-sync the remote key by pressing the lock key 4 times with the doors closed, but unlocked
Old 27th August 2017, 15:40   #3
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

In case anybody has a similar problem. This was the solution for me:

I disconnected the battery yesterday. It has been left like that for a day. I took out all fuses behind the glove box one by one to check. They where all fine. I replaced one simply because it looked really old.

I then checked all the fuses in the engine bay. I replaced one because I thought it was a bit more dirty then usual, but it didn't look broken. I then tried to see if there was a problem between the wires to the fuse box. So I got out my multi meter and started to scan the wires between the battery and the fusebox. Weirdly enough I found one that didn't pass the current.
After an hour of searching I found that the problem was in the point where the wire entered the fusebox.

There is one really big fuse of 150 amp in there. Which looks perfectly fine from the outside. But when putting my multimeter on it, turned out to be dead.
I replaced the fuse, and connected the battery. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine again.