Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th February 2012, 09:30   #21
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisA View Post
I have them and find them brilliant just leave them at 1 and they do the thinking, but mine's a saloon and understand it could be a problem with a tourer rear wipe. When screen is misty on cold mornings they can be a bit erratic.

I have heard that with the rain sensing on 1 the intemittent wipe time control (the rotary switch on stalk) works to alter the sensitivty of the set up, i.e more or less water starts them up.

I did try it and it seemed to be true but difficult to judge when it is raining and you have other things to concentrate on when driving!

Dennis.
yes the rotary switch does seem to work that way
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 09:59   #22
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

I love mine!!

I also found that the rotary control that adjusts the 'intermitant' setting on non auto (front) wipers actually adjusts the duration of the 'intermitant' wipe on the rear wiper of my tourer!! - no really!! LOL!

Dont you just love these cars??

Andy
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 10:39   #23
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Rotary switch???...........................hang on....................just nipping out to the garage????
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 10:55   #24
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
Rotary switch???...........................hang on....................just nipping out to the garage????
If you mean the rotary switch at the tip of the stalk surely that just adjusts from off to rain sensor to first speed and second speed???? This is just a T-T thing I assume? Do you have rain sensor Trophy Blue???
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 11:31   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
If you mean the rotary switch at the tip of the stalk surely that just adjusts from off to rain sensor to first speed and second speed???? This is just a T-T thing I assume? Do you have rain sensor Trophy Blue???
The main part of the stalk provides off, auto (or intermittant), slow, fast.

The rotary switch sets the sensitivity of the auto wipe, or if auto is not fitted - the intermitant wipe delay.

Can't say I have noticed much difference when adjusting the auto sensitivity though.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 11:39   #26
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

Errrrr !

Well on mine at least!!

The whole stalk moves up/down ( ok in an arc anyway!!) hinged at the inner end inside the column cowling!!

So you have the 'off' position (just above horizontal) then a spring loaded 'down' to give you one wipe (or lots if you hold it there!!) then from the 'off' position going 'up' you have 'intermitant' (auto if you have rain sensing wipers) then further up gives 'slow' and then 'fast'

The rotary 'end cap' would normaly adjust the delay on 'intermitant' wipers or 'possibly' the 'sensitivity/delay' on auto wipers !! - dont know about that as I have a tourer and mine adjusts the 'delay' between wipes of the rear wiper

It is possible that mine adjusts the 'sensitivity' of my front wipers as well but on the road the natural flow of rain would be varried by wind gusts and passing traffic etc so you would need to set something up on the drive on a still day with a fixed hose/spray to get a 'proper answer' - I havent noticed any link between the auto wipers operating the front and the rear wiper being triggered!!

If you have a 'stalk' that twists (along it's length) perhaps thats a 'face lift' thing?? - mines an 03 ZT-T

HTH?

Anybody else have any idears?

Andy
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 13:15   #27
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Blue Tourer View Post
Errrrr !

Well on mine at least!!

The whole stalk moves up/down ( ok in an arc anyway!!) hinged at the inner end inside the column cowling!!

So you have the 'off' position (just above horizontal) then a spring loaded 'down' to give you one wipe (or lots if you hold it there!!) then from the 'off' position going 'up' you have 'intermitant' (auto if you have rain sensing wipers) then further up gives 'slow' and then 'fast'

The rotary 'end cap' would normaly adjust the delay on 'intermitant' wipers or 'possibly' the 'sensitivity/delay' on auto wipers !! - dont know about that as I have a tourer and mine adjusts the 'delay' between wipes of the rear wiper

It is possible that mine adjusts the 'sensitivity' of my front wipers as well but on the road the natural flow of rain would be varried by wind gusts and passing traffic etc so you would need to set something up on the drive on a still day with a fixed hose/spray to get a 'proper answer' - I havent noticed any link between the auto wipers operating the front and the rear wiper being triggered!!

If you have a 'stalk' that twists (along it's length) perhaps thats a 'face lift' thing?? - mines an 03 ZT-T

HTH?

Anybody else have any idears?

Andy
All correct!

The facelift sounds the same - only the tip of the stalk turns to set auto sensitivity (or delay timing).

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 13:44   #28
courtman
Regular poster

75 connoisseur se cdti manual

Default rain sensor

My rain sensor wipers don't seem to operate. When you push the stalk up 1 position to auto the wipers come on continuosly even if the screen is bone dry, so at the moment I have the worst of both worlds, no rain sensors & no intermittent wipe.
On previous posts it was suggested taking off the sensor and refixing making sure it was on properly so I might give this a try to see if it cures the problem, before scrapping the sensor altogether

Can anyone tell me how the sensor is attached to the screen Do you need
adhesive to refix ?

What a Fantastic Forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Des.

Mods so far :- Jules Plenum mod
Tuning box
Mark 1 front grill badge
courtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 17:04   #29
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

I can confirm that if you don't like the rain sensor system you can just disconnect the wire at the module and the system reverts to normal variable intermittent wipe mode.
JonMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 16:00   #30
courtman
Regular poster

75 connoisseur se cdti manual

Question rain sensor

thanks JonMs

will try that this weekend. The previous owner had a new screen fitted about a year ago and when you look at the screen from the outside it looks like there are two bubbles between the screen and the sensor, maybe this is what's stopping the sensor from operating. Is the sensor stuck on with a special adhesive does anybody know????
courtman is offline   Reply With Quote