Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2010, 22:06   #41
Kiwirover
Loves to post

1999 75 Con SE 2.5 Auto

Kiwirover sneaks in the door and finally makes an appearance in the thread after a lengthy and mysterious absence…

Happy new year everyone and I hope you are enjoying the summer weather… seems we have the dreaded English weather disease in that it’s rather damp….

A belated welcome to Hofoa and John Hart.

My 75 is still doing stealing service… almost done 75000km. Received a new NAV CD the other day so I now have an up to date GPS for New Zealand – not that our roads have changed all that much since the last issue of the CD in 2008.

Someone asked about service for our cars in Wellington and environs. I think John Adam goes to Amsterdam Car. I use Vogel motors in the Lower Hutt for all my regular servicing needs including the auto, but reset my own service counter and generally do my own electronics.

For anything requiring a T4 the only one I know off is in the Hutt at Armstrong Subaru… the guys there are OK but need the occasional piece of sage advice. They also don’t have any service disks for the early 75’s as the NZ new 75s didn’t arrive till later in the piece.

Parts are generally not an issue particularly from the main dealers and via Roverland in Auckland, and a good supply of second hand and some new parts are available from Malcolm at Cashel Car and Caravan Sales in Christchurch.

Happy summer motoring everyone :lol:
Old 25th January 2010, 22:23   #42
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

Hi Graham,

Happy New Year!
I'm glad that all's well for you and that servicing has not become too much of a problem. You know, we should really think about some sort of get together for 75 owners over here. What do you think?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 15:18   #43
PaulPJ
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 Manual Facelift CDTi Contemporary in Starlight Silver

Hi Roger1, sorry but not looked at this thread in ages. I used to live in OGB, rented an apartment there. I worked for Ernst & Young, just off Manchester St. Christchurch is the most wonderful place and I miss it very much. The wife and I did look into the cost of moving back there but with 5 cats,1 dog and a horse as well as house contents it was going to cost silly money. I had an offer of a job in Auckland not so long back but they wanted me there straightaway so turned down the chance as I could not fund living there and paying a mortgage on a house here until it could be sold. One day we will get back there even if it's just for a holiday. Paul
PaulPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 06:30   #44
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
Hi Graham,

Happy New Year!
I'm glad that all's well for you and that servicing has not become too much of a problem. You know, we should really think about some sort of get together for 75 owners over here. What do you think?
Hello Roger!

Been offered a job as a GP in the Canterbury region near you........ any good?

Cheers, Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 07:59   #45
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Hello Roger!

Been offered a job as a GP in the Canterbury region near you........ any good?

Cheers, Alan
Hi Alan,

Sorry for not spotting your query earlier. In my opinion Canterbury is one of the finest parts of NZ, and in fact one of the nicest places in the world, and having seen a lot of it I can say that with some confidence. It's a bit boring in some ways, being rather flat, but with lakes, rivers, the sea, and wonderful mountains very close. If you like skiing (and I bet you do), fishing, tramping, mountain climbing or any related activity, you'll be in heaven. If instead you prefer gardening, coffee, entertaining and eating out, you'll be very happy as well. I'm not a local, having moved there 11 years ago from Auckland. I have no desire to ever leave though.
Also, we need good GP's so come on over!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 1st March 2010, 08:01   #46
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
Hi Alan,

Sorry for not spotting your query earlier. In my opinion Canterbury is one of the finest parts of NZ, and in fact one of the nicest places in the world, and having seen a lot of it I can say that with some confidence. It's a bit boring in some ways, being rather flat, but with lakes, rivers, the sea, and wonderful mountains very close. If you like skiing (and I bet you do), fishing, tramping, mountain climbing or any related activity, you'll be in heaven. If instead you prefer gardening, coffee, entertaining and eating out, you'll be very happy as well. I'm not a local, having moved there 11 years ago from Auckland. I have no desire to ever leave though.
Also, we need good GP's so come on over!

Bags packed...... see you in a jiffy
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 08:05   #47
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPJ View Post
Hi Roger1, sorry but not looked at this thread in ages. I used to live in OGB, rented an apartment there. I worked for Ernst & Young, just off Manchester St. Christchurch is the most wonderful place and I miss it very much. The wife and I did look into the cost of moving back there but with 5 cats,1 dog and a horse as well as house contents it was going to cost silly money. I had an offer of a job in Auckland not so long back but they wanted me there straightaway so turned down the chance as I could not fund living there and paying a mortgage on a house here until it could be sold. One day we will get back there even if it's just for a holiday. Paul
Hi Paul,

It's not got any less lovely! We have a rising number of Brits moving over, and some areas, such as Sumner, occassionaly sound like being in Blighty - nothing but British accents in some of the cafe's - but not all the time of course. As you'll know, it's in some ways a home away from home for many. Christchurch is developing well, with some innovative developments underway, and also some excellent restoration of older colonial precincts.

I'm sure you'd love it if you came back. No shortage of room for dogs, cats and horses!

Cheers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 1st March 2010, 12:05   #48
PaulPJ
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 Manual Facelift CDTi Contemporary in Starlight Silver

Hi Roger1, I would dearly love to come back there. I liked Sumner, drove through it a few times on trips back from Godley Head. I would really fancy living in West Eyreton or Swannanoa as not far from CHCH but prices seem to be climbing in those areas according to Realnz website. When I worked for Ernst & Young, there were more Poms than Kiwis. As one guy in the office put it, the Auckland office was like the United Nations and the CHCH office was like the United bl**dy Kingdom. Those halcyon days of QA'ing the Speights in Bailies Bar and freebies to the Jade Stadium. Paul
PaulPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:47   #49
Roger1
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPJ View Post
Hi Roger1, I would dearly love to come back there. I liked Sumner, drove through it a few times on trips back from Godley Head. I would really fancy living in West Eyreton or Swannanoa as not far from CHCH but prices seem to be climbing in those areas according to Realnz website. When I worked for Ernst & Young, there were more Poms than Kiwis. As one guy in the office put it, the Auckland office was like the United Nations and the CHCH office was like the United bl**dy Kingdom. Those halcyon days of QA'ing the Speights in Bailies Bar and freebies to the Jade Stadium. Paul
Ha ha. Havent been to Baillies in ages. That whole building has been beautifully restored and 'missing half' rebuilt. The other half is now a Novotel Hotel. Jade is no longer Jade, but now AMI Stadium. It has been completely overhauled for the Rugby World Cup next year and has a huge new stand to match the others. Ironically, the biggest crowd lately was for a football match (real football I mean, with the round ball) :-)
The near country areas are indeed climbing in price. West Melton is another rapidly grwing area. I have an acre in town, so get the best of both worlds, but still not enough for a horse!

All the best - keep in touch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:49   #50
Roger1
Loves to post

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Bags packed...... see you in a jiffy
Dont forget the Rovers. Not many diesels made it here, so it would be a welcome addition too. BUT - methinks the cost to transport them may be totally prohibitive!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]