Notices

Old 27th March 2014, 12:42   #1
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts
Default Race For Life Appeal For Sponsorship

2015 Update:
Well It's come around again, last year in 2014 I asked members of the club to help donate to the good cause of raising money towards cancer research by sponsoring a team taking part in the 'Race for Life' event. Last year my Sister took part along with friends and daughters. This year my sister isn't with us any more since leaving us at the start of the year. In her memory her daughters (my nieces) continue to raise money for research by taking part in her memory.

Last year members of club generously helped raise the total sponsorship for the team (way beyond the initial goal), and I ask if they'll do so again. You can either donate via text:
by texting JUOL50 £2 (or any amount from £1 to £10) to 70070 or via the justgiving page which is at : https://www.justgiving.com/teamjulia50/

If you do donate please don't forget to add gift aid:

If you're a UK taxpayer (aren't we all ), please remember to tick the Gift Aid box as this will increase your donation by at least 25% at no extra cost to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

It is with sadness that I write that Julia recently passed away as a result of secondary illness due to the cancer and the treatment she was receiving. I know it meant a lot to her to contribute in some way to finding better treatments for cancer patients, all the time aware of the advances that have been made during her own lifetime without which she would not have lived so long as she did.

At her funeral this morning her own wishes were that there would only be flowers from the family, anyone else was asked to donate what they would have spent on flowers to cancer research in her name.

Many of you on the forum gave generously for the event below, such generosity went a long way to raising the total raised way beyond the initial target for the fund raising. I was, and am still, grateful to the members of this club, who helped to make that possible.

Thank You.

Original Post.

My sister Julia was diagnosed with cancer in 2012, and in October of that year she underwent extensive surgery. Following the surgery aggressive chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments were given which put her back in hospital in a very poorly state for some time. She has pulled through and regained some of her former strength throughout 2013 and she celebrated her 50th birthday in February this year.

Despite her now being on constant medication, both to hold cancer in check and control the pain caused by the damage the cancer has done to her spine she has committed to taking part in the Race for Life 5k at Leicester in July this year. She will ‘race’ with her close friend Kim whose husband Martin died of lymphoma last year and also with her daughters (my nieces) Rachel and Chloe. Now 5k may not seem much of a distance but for Julia it will be the same as a healthy person such as myself trying to do 25k.

You can help Julia raise money for this great cause by donating directly to their fundraising page - http://www.justgiving.com/team-marti...aign=pfp-email.
JustGiving sends your donation straight to Cancer Research UK and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.

Any donation is welcome, if it hadn't been for the work of cancer research in developing new cancer treatments I don't think my sister would still be with us today, so they deserve all the support they can get.

[/quote]

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 19th June 2015 at 20:57..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 20:16   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

This is the one and only shameless bump I'll give this, if anyone wishes to donate they will, and thank you to anyone that does.

To make making donations easier you can also :

Text GODD66 £2 to 70070 to donate

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 27th March 2014, 23:06   #3
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Chris. Your sister Julia Oliver is a total inspiration.
I hope others will donate to this cause.
She is an amazing woman.

God Bless her.

Jay
Old 28th March 2014, 10:48   #4
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Bump
Old 28th March 2014, 18:05   #5
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Talking

Thank you for your kind words (and donation) Jay. Any donation is welcome, but not compulsory.

I've just been trying to do my best to help promote her Just Giving page: and my efforts have been successful in helping her get closer to her target so I'm happy. Don't know what she's going to say when I speak to her next though... OK I can fairly accurately guess that she's bowled over with the generosity of all the donors, and would thank each in person if she could.

Thank You.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 28th March 2014, 19:36   #6
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Chris. Your sister Julia Oliver is a total inspiration. as I have said before.

I have made it up to the £200 point.

I feel sorry for the others who have not donated but it may not be to late.

Come on guys

All respect for your sister.

Tell her from me;

"Yesterdays history, tomorrow a mystery.

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope"

God Bless

Jay

Last edited by Jay; 28th March 2014 at 19:45..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 15:51   #7
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Done...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phil63 is offline   Reply With Quote