Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th March 2022, 15:24   #1
Fred Byrne
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Camshaft sensor replacement

My car (2.5 V6) stopped last Saturday March 12th at a petrol station and would not restart. I returned the following day with an Autel diagnostic tool. There was a fault code - camshaft sensor failure. I cleared the fault and the car started ran very well until I got to 120 miles from home. I had stopped at a fuel station on the motorway. Car would not restart. Autel showed camshaft sensor wiring fault got taxi and train home.
I have ordered a new sensor from Rimmels but it is different from the one on the car. The one on the car has the lead as an integral part of the sensor itself. The new sensor has a male socket on top so requires a suitable connecting lead. I also ordered the link lead which appears to go with it. It has a socket at one end that connects with the sensor the other end has a male plug which I hope will connect with the engine harness.
My question is- will this sensor and lead marry successfully with the engine? It certainly looks more robust than the current sensor and lead that are on the car at present.
I don't want to travel 100 miles on a wild goose foray. I hope someone can tell me whether I am on the path of righteousness or evil.

Fred
Fred Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote