Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th March 2013, 20:19   #1
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default So much more than just a car forum .

Having been on here for quite some time now i have come to the conclusion that to think of this as only a forum to talk about our cars is wrong .

A post by JAMIE tonight has prompted me to see that the social side of these pages has now passed the technical aspects of it .

As the years pass and members sadly leave us [forever or temporarily ) the friendships we form dont just exist in the ether or by the typed word !!!.

We travel hundreds of miles to meet those we have spoken with for hours on end and when we finally meet them we realize the common bond is,nt just our cars but our outlook on life and our life experiences.

In my time on here and previously on ORG i have met some wonderful human beings , i have attended countless meets and formed lasting friendships with a very diverse group of people.

In the space of a year i have lost two great friends that lived over 400 miles apart yet to me seemed only a click away , they advised me and enriched me and left their mark on my life forever.

Through them i have a group of friends who i have contact with on a monthly basis where we meet and talk and laugh and socialize and build bonds that will last a very long time .

Never underestimate the power of the social side of the forum.

Thanks for listening.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 20:27   #2
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Having been on here for quite some time now i have come to the conclusion that to think of this as only a forum to talk about our cars is wrong .

A post by JAMIE tonight has prompted me to see that the social side of these pages has now passed the technical aspects of it .

As the years pass and members sadly leave us [forever or temporarily ) the friendships we form dont just exist in the ether or by the typed word !!!.

We travel hundreds of miles to meet those we have spoken with for hours on end and when we finally meet them we realize the common bond is,nt just our cars but our outlook on life and our life experiences.

In my time on here and previously on ORG i have met some wonderful human beings , i have attended countless meets and formed lasting friendships with a very diverse group of people.

In the space of a year i have lost two great friends that lived over 400 miles apart yet to me seemed only a click away , they advised me and enriched me and left their mark on my life forever.

Through them i have a group of friends who i have contact with on a monthly basis where we meet and talk and laugh and socialize and build bonds that will last a very long time .

Thanks for listening.
- and I've only been on the Forum for less than a year

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 20:34   #3
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
- and I've only been on the Forum for less than a year
Your pork pie connection has without doubt enriched me
Old 20th March 2013, 20:38   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for listening.
I couldn't agree more George,
This place is populated by a wonderful mix of peeps who I consider great friends.
The lengths people go to on here to help others never fails to amaze me.
On here there is faith in your fellow man
I was talking only earlier today on the phone to Stu 'there's a story behind that phone call as well' and we both said how we had wished to have got along to the Tam Leek Carter Bar meet.
Will be seeing Stu on Sunday and we shall try and hatch a plan for a Great North Run
Old 20th March 2013, 20:44   #5
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
This place is populated by a wonderful mix of peeps who I consider great friends.
I was talking only earlier today on the phone to Stu 'there's a story behind that phone call as well' and we both said how we had wished to have got along to the Tam Leek Carter Bar meet.
Will be seeing Stu on Sunday and we shall try and hatch a plan for a Great North Run
AS the pics from the meet show Jeff the weather was quite grim at times , i have no doubt those conditions would have caused you both problems .

I have met Stu [leopard] at the POL and Avoncroft and no doubt you and i will meet one day .

Until then jeff just keep being yourself mate .
Old 20th March 2013, 20:45   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Hear hear!!, well said George, you are a bit like Tam yourself sir,once met never forgotten,had a good day on Sunday didnt we?, and Rod the chicken pie connection certainly worked for me.
Old 20th March 2013, 20:50   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
AS the pics from the meet show Jeff the weather was quite grim at times , i have no doubt those conditions would have caused you both problems .

I have met Stu [leopard] at the POL and Avoncroft and no doubt you and i will meet one day .

Until then jeff just keep being yourself mate .
It was more a case of money for me really George having just shelled out a few bob or two Ros would of strung me up for spending more.
Need to get a bit more work in so I can play
Watch this space !
Don't worry as a good will gesture I shall bring a gift of sprouts with me
Old 20th March 2013, 20:50   #8
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I often have the forum running in the background when I am at work.
OK, I can't participate too much, but it is good to zip in and see some of the comments, in between the work stuff.

There are people on here with a great sense of humour
Adds a smile to my day, as it does many others, I suspect

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 20:51   #9
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Hear hear!!, well said George, you are a bit like Tam yourself sir,once met never forgotten,had a good day on Sunday didnt we?, and Rod the chicken pie connection certainly worked for me.
Chicken ??????? how the hell did you get chicken ????.

I mean i,m not complaining but was this a private set up or what .
Old 20th March 2013, 20:52   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Getb yourselves up for the first metrocentre meet on the 7th April,to get there just follow the Flying Banana