Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2018, 13:16   #11
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

For 3 years, I have been regretting trading in my rare, beautiful, and attention seeking Renault 19 16v cabrio for £350 against a boring but reliable Audi diesel. I've not missed it so much since getting the Rover, which, like the Renault, is a lovely car, with great character- on a good day! Store it at the farm, surrounded by hay and straw bales, and tax it for the summer months, and take the Mazda off the road. And take the battery off it, unless you are going to start it every week and run it until the exhaust is warmed right through. if you arent going to move it, chock the wheels off the ground to preserve the tyres.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 14:58   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

As someone who has done it, I think having a car etc. in storage on the premise that one day it will be brought out and put on the road is a mistake. Unless a car is driven regularly or kept in heated storage, it is going to deteriorate with brakes etc. starting to seize.

I suspect that a car already suffering from corrosion is going to deteriorate rapidly whilst in storage.

I have always had the daily, the Sunday best, the load carrying estate, the bike etc. but in all honesty it would have been better to have had fewer vehicles that are used more often.

I would out it up for sale on the forum - it will hopefully be picked up by someone who will address the corrosion etc. and enjoy the car or support others cars with spares.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 23:14   #13
Alex79

Rover 75 Saloon

On reflection and after talking to parents, I think keeping it is not really a sensible option unfortunately, therefore if anyone is interested please let me know. As we have been offered £250 for it trade then that would do it - would need to check that dealer OK that we are not swapping it in. Car is FSH, Cambelts done June 2014 and new rear tyres fitted last August. MOT until mid July when next service is due. Mileage currently a few miles over 105,000. Spec is manual 2.0V6 Club SE in Atlantic Blue with grey velour. A Cowley built car with 2 registered owners from new (my dad, then my mum). Appreciate it is all rather last minute as car to be swapped in on Wednesday but would rather it go to a good home than just be traded-getting rid is rather taking the shine off buying the new one! Will try to get pictures on forum if I get a chance.

Regards

Alex
Alex79 is offline   Reply With Quote