Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2018, 13:49   #91
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Shame to keep seeing this on here,

There seems a few that consistently feel the need to upset others, If you haven't got anything nice to say keep your f$%king gob shut its that simple
and why haven't Admin sorted this
Old 18th August 2018, 14:32   #92
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Ah yes. The scapegoat has usually been to do with the P word. At least in those threads there were no accusations of thieves in our midst or threats to members. Perhaps they are allowed but differences of P. leanings are not! It's inconsistent anyway but personally I think a gentle hand on the tiller is beneficial in the long run.
Old 18th August 2018, 14:33   #93
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Blimey

Hi Thomas. I thought you had left us mate after selling the collection. Hows it hanging?

Do you have another 75?

There you go thread well and truely hijacked
Hi Jon great to hear from you too. I look on here now and again to see whats occuring. I have not got another 75 yet but will get another somewhen. Im now insured to drive any car on my insurance now so have driven my dads launch car which I have enjoyed.I hope that your zt is serving you well?
Old 18th August 2018, 15:51   #94
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

I can't see the point of starting a thread if you do not want opinions...good or bad...Nev has a cracking car but @ knocking on £6k it's asking to be put under the microscope......that is serious money
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Old 18th August 2018, 15:56   #95
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
What an absolute mess the world is in when the meaning of words can be changed at will, or ill-will, by random persuasion of self-appointed guardians of social mores.

To 'bully' signifies the intention to bring about a change in behaviour in another by aggressive or foreceful means. Nothing to do with a professed dismay by a complainer whether they were offended or not! Some growing up to do, along with a somewhat stiffer backbone.
Thank you Wraymond for a posh set of words that constitute your definition. Would you be good engough to point to the (authoritative) source of that definiton please?

I hope your statemnet " Nothing to do with a professed dismay by a complainer whether they were offended or not!" was not a comment on my paragraph. If it was, it is a total misrepresentation of what I had written and it would be unreasonable to indulge in such misrepresentation.

For those interested, I think the following link provides a reasonable good set of definitions of bullying and associated behaviours.

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/2/j...-employers.pdf

Different context but the principles can apply in a broad set of scenarios.
Old 18th August 2018, 16:03   #96
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Right this is to simply to sum up, nothing more.

Clyde opens a thread stating his intention to sell Wurzel, inviting opinions, then advertises his car at a ludicrously high price, expecting to get all of the monies he has spent in the past five years back.

After being told in this thread that it's not worth anything like the money being asked, it is a nice car, but not a £6000 plus car he takes offence at being told this in a blunt fashion, and asks for the thread to be closed.

There are some people who don't actually have any idea of a car's worth, or indeed have a past track record in attempting to artificially increase the price these cars achieve, then start in other threads inviting others to look at Clyde's car saying how wonderful and special it is.

I pickup on this, and again question whether this car is worth what is being asked.

Clyde now takes the decision to remove Wurzel from sale, and it's all down to that nasty horrible bloke from Newcastle, and everyone is up in arms about how I bullied him which of course is complete and utter nonsense.

Running on from this Clyde decides he's had enough of not being showered in rose petals, hence this particular thread, all it would have taken is a PM from Clyde to ask me not to comment and that would have been that.

If he's narked at me, so what? if he's narked at my opinion so what? it's only an opinion.

Now I've met Clyde in person at a couple of meets and he seems like a nice enough chap, but quite frankly I have only voiced what others would have been thinking about this particular car, but didn't actually have the balls to say.

Now if I had been standing in front of Clyde, I would have told him straight to his face, and anyone who has met me would attest to the fact I do not mince my words.

So if you are still lurking about Clyde, why not come back in and rejoin the fray, just because I don't think your car is worth what you are attempting to sell it for, doesn't mean I don't enjoy your posts, or in any way think you are not somehow unwelcome.......because your not, and if we were all the same it would be incredibly boring.

They are just cars at the end of the day, and one man's meat, is another man's poison.

Have a think about it

Brian
Old 18th August 2018, 16:06   #97
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Thank you Wraymond for a posh set of words that constitute your definition. Would you be good engough to point to the (authoritative) source of that definiton please?

I hope your statemnet " Nothing to do with a professed dismay by a complainer whether they were offended or not!" was not a comment on my paragraph. If it was, it is a total misrepresentation of what I had written and it would be unreasonable to indulge in such misrepresentation.

For those interested, I think the following link provides a reasonable good set of definitions of bullying and associated behaviours.

Different context but the principles can apply in a broad set of scenarios.
Maninder, all you need to know about me is I'm not politically correct, I do not come from a snowflake generation, and I tell it like it is, and yes that would be to your face too if were standing having a conversation

Brian
Old 18th August 2018, 16:17   #98
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Maninder, all you need to know about me is I'm not politically correct, I do not come from a snowflake generation, and I tell it like it is, and yes that would be to your face too if were standing having a conversation

Brian

Brian, what you say is exactly what I have already acknowledged about you.

Equally, I still believe that you were wrong to comment on the car in the manner that you you did, in particular the asking price. I also would say the same to your face if we were having a conversation.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay - why give a negative opinion if you are not looking to buy, especially on an open forum when a fellow member is attempting to sell? This is my only bone of contention with your action. The rest is just part of the dancing around and posturing between members!
Old 18th August 2018, 16:18   #99
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

On this I'm with you Brian. The thing about Clyde's car is that it's very strong money for one of these. The reason it looks so good is down to Clyde though and if I bought it in 6 months the car would look like every other decent one but not how it is now because I like to drive cars rather than polish them.

Clyde should be here to stand up for himself, Brian is Brian and I would rather someone tells me how it is rather than blow smoke up my bottom tbh
Old 18th August 2018, 16:35   #100
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Whilst we are talking about definitions:-
Forum - "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

Somebody looked at the car that I had for sale recently and told me what, in his opinion, it was worth and offered me that price. ( I sold it for more than double.) He was entitled to his opinion and I thanked him for his offer but declined to accept it.